Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chris Hughton must be furious

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
We leave the most vital postition of a proven goalscorer until the last 24 hours of a 3 month window. I for one would not blame Hughton, the greatest manager in our history, if he resigned once we carry on losIng.

Damage limitation now

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
He is unfortunately though equally culpable. We have had a striker shortage for 2 years. It is down to him to rectify that.

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
While his reputation is at stake I doubt he's entirely blameless. He needs to rally the troops and work on Brown or Izquierdo as striker options.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
He won't resign. Certainly won't be happy even know he will gloss it over. It was always a tough ask to stay up but when you are not given the tools it's a bloody joke.

Um very much so, he will be frustrated at that one

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Geez! What a bunch of grizzling gits - the rest of you even make Spence look quite reasonable on this thread! Shit happens - how many years do you have to spend on this earth before you realise that?

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I'm not one to slag off the club because frankly (like every one else on here) I haven't a scooby about the ins and outs.

However - this doesn't look good leaving it so late irrespective of the bad luck.

At least a lesson learnt.

So backs up against the wall. It's gonna be interesting !!

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
As suggested all along, the reason it went right to the end was because we were in for really good players - ones that looked far better prospects than most of our rivals have signed, and so had options. Trouble is, they're not blown away by little old Brighton as much as we are. Somehow have to stay in touch until January and hope we can do some business then I suppose.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
I really fear him resigning now.

Why? He's not a premadonna like the posters on here. He understands the situation, he was part of the recruitment today and witnessed the near misses first hand. He won't be happy, but he'll do the best with what he's got.

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
Hughton's career is on the line let's remember. This is his third crack at the Premier League if he fails he may never get another chance. If he resigned he would be a front runner for any sacking in this league in my opinion. He could end up at a team with better players. Hate to say it but possibly Newcastle

theboybilly

The two deals today were near as damn it done deals...as far as I can tell verbal agreements had been made. What can the club do if greedy tosspot footballers go back on their word? Janssen must have stated his wish to join only to go back in it - to$$er

MrSnuggles

Apr 29, 2016
Let's hope the club has learnt a lesson and when the January window opens has someone ready to sign the minute it is open. I don't know the inside and outside but most of our rivals have got key players over the line! One fit striker is not good enough for the premier league. Hugely disappointing, unless the plan is to play two goal keepers!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
As suggested all along, the reason it went right to the end was because we were in for really good players - ones that looked far better prospects than most of our rivals have signed, and so had options. Trouble is, they're not blown away by little old Brighton as much as we are. Somehow have to stay in touch until January and hope we can do some business then I suppose.
Yes. Roll on a backs to the wall battle through to January. Some joy. Some tears. Maybe forced to give youngsters like Tilley and Connolly a go at some point - which could be one of the more exciting things that happens this season. It's going to be 1979 all over again - when I distinctly remember our makeshift central defence consisting of a very young and inexperienced Gary Stevens and an old war-horse picked up from Blackpool reserves, Peter Suddaby, holding out to gain us vital points.
We might not make it, but have any of you younger moaners any idea how absolutely f**king good it will feel if we do? Up the Albion! Plucky little? F**k that!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here