Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The club need to issue a statement to fans...

I can imagine there is going to be a lot of hostility building over the few months if our lack of fire power means instant relegation so i think the club should EXPLAIN to the fans why they have not got a striker. I think it should go something like this...

"SInce we had promotion confirmed we have scoured the globe for the right talent and over the last 3 months have approached x (say 37) players, 10 said no thanks outright,10 we decided werent better than the current squad, 3 failed medicals, 6 the selling club demanded far to much transfer fee and the other 8 wanted more wages than we were prepared to pay withour risks the balance of the clubs wage structure"

(Then the waffle :) - Despite this the club has an exceedingly good base of players and we have great confidence that the front men we have will see us to safety"....

Now if i was Barber or Houghton , thats the sort of statement i would make...

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
It doesn't matter does it. The club will spin it, and we're all signed up for the season so they've got our money.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Send it to PB. He just needs to copy and paste it. Done.

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
It doesn't matter does it. The club will spin it, and we're all signed up for the season so they've got our money.

82b23ac5-6ee6-422f-a20c-248c651d5461.gif

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
:ffsparr:

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
I can imagine there is going to be a lot of hostility building over the few months if our lack of fire power means instant relegation so i think the club should EXPLAIN to the fans why they have not got a striker. I think it should go something like this...

"SInce we had promotion confirmed we have scoured the globe for the right talent and over the last 3 months have approached x (say 37) players, 10 said no thanks outright,10 we decided werent better than the current squad, 3 failed medicals, 6 the selling club demanded far to much transfer fee and the other 8 wanted more wages than we were prepared to pay withour risks the balance of the clubs wage structure"

(Then the waffle :) - Despite this the club has an exceedingly good base of players and we have great confidence that the front men we have will see us to safety"....

Instant relegation? Wow.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
We have not been told by Naylor or the club that the window has closed without any more signings. Surely they would have done so by now if there wasn't an imminent announcement about a striker signing?

Straw clutching at it's best, I'm sure you'll agree

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Try spelling the mangers name correctly .....from your sofa

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007

Who brought their st based on future signings or just as long as we remain a pl team?

Or did the vast majority, like me buy one to watch the team, as they will through the good times and the bad and regardless of how transfers work out, etc...

They have nothing to explain or a need to release any statements about their activities

madinthehead

I have changed this
Jan 22, 2009
Oberursel, Germany
There is still a chance, lets save the witch-hunt until tomorrow, when we know whether any last minute deals were done.. A lot of bed wetters may have to be doing some back tracking...

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
There is still a chance, lets save the witch-hunt until tomorrow, when we know whether any last minute deals were done.. A lot of bed wetters may have to be doing some back tracking...

In between the mopping up and sheet washing?

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley

Trouble is, you now get the club apologists coming out saying how much Bloom has pumped in and how ungrateful you are. Remember Hereford ? remember Withdean ? Forget that we haven't scored a league goal yet and can't even score against 10 men, We are screaming out for a new striker but that's all irrelevant.

I swear people still think we are playing in the championship. You simply can't get away with our poor strike force and expect to stay up. It isn't going to happen.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I can imagine there is going to be a lot of hostility building over the few months if our lack of fire power means instant relegation so i think the club should EXPLAIN to the fans why they have not got a striker. .

Be far less worries about getting Chelsea tickets then if we are going to be relegated by Christmas, still means you might get a ticket now

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
We have not been told by Naylor or the club that the window has closed without any more signings. Surely they would have done so by now if there wasn't an imminent announcement about a striker signing?

Straw clutching at it's best, I'm sure you'll agree

Is the correct answer. Keep the faith

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here