Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The mid afternoon as it stands how have we done so far poll?

How have we done so far in this transfer window

• 10 - we got everyone I wanted us to get

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 1 1.1%

Votes: 2 2.2%

Votes: 5 5.4%

Votes: 6 6.5%

Votes: 14 15.1%

Votes: 17 18.3%

Votes: 17 18.3%

Votes: 11 11.8%
  • 1 - hopeless, we are going down

Votes: 20 21.5%

• Total voters

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Give a score out of ten for the whole transfer window.

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
It can't be anything above a 3 if we end up with a weaker striker force than we ended last season with.

Then i look at the other signings we have made, other than Izquirerdo, nothing seems great. We have messed up this transfer window IMO.

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
We have made some good signings overall in this window, but the area we really needed to strengthen was up front. The recruitment team, CH, PB and TB will be disappointed if we don't get a decent striker in. There is still time to turn this around, that crucial position to fill is a striker.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
It's only been 136 days since we sealed promotion. Little point in making a judgement now when there's over 7 more hours to go.

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
Obviously I reserve the right to amend this when the promised striker arrives!!! But currently scored 3. The other signings won't be much use if we are left with hemed an injured Murray albeit short term and a probably dead Baldock come 11pm

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
To be brutally honest, we have spent what? 45 million? Upgrading our squad. Had we spent all of that on two decent strikers, i think id be happier.

Our squad was ok at the end of last season, it doesnt seem a hell of a lot better now.

4 for me, maybe some of the signings will look good after a few more games. But we really need those strikers, it was obvious when we got promoted and we are actually weaker now, if losing Chuba Akpom can be considered as making the strikeforce weaker, that is debatable i suppose.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
To be brutally honest, we have spent what? 45 million? Upgrading our squad. Had we spent all of that on two decent strikers, i think id be happier.

Our squad was ok at the end of last season, it doesnt seem a hell of a lot better now.

I think this is a great summary. Two strikers and a midfielder could arguably have been bought for £45million and that was clearly the area we were weakest in. At the same time we have replaced Stockdale with Ryan and the jury is out there. Arguably though we are actually a little weaker now.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
SSN just broke the news live from Lancing that .....

..... we are hoping to sign Krul and Schelotto before the day is out.

They invent ever more connotations of presenting the same news they've been reporting for hours.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
SSN just broke the news live from Lancing that .....

..... we are hoping to sign Krul and Schelotto before the day is out.

They invent ever more connotations of presenting the same news they've been reporting for hours.

Just really feels like the striker is not going to happen. I think barber was honest in his interview earlier when he was hoping for 3 (before krul was known about and before brugges boy fell through)

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Obviously I reserve the right to amend this when the promised striker arrives!!! But currently scored 3. The other signings won't be much use if we are left with hemed an injured Murray albeit short term and a probably dead Baldock come 11pm

Hasn't if been generally accepted after our first three PL games, that both Hemed and Murray won't cut the mustard as PL starters in a counter attacking team?

Leaving us shorn of PL able strikers. Period.

djentist

Aug 15, 2017
4 if just the deals for schelotto and krul go through. 6 if we get one decent striker on top of those, 7/8 if we get 2 strikers

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
This pole is all dependant on that striker coming in

Exactly, what is the point of a solid team that cannot score goals? Is it 1 goal in six or seven league games now?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here