Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How many of our recent targets and signings had you even heard of before their names

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
appeared on here. I am sure there are some Premier League affeciandos and foreign league watchers on here who had heard of plenty of them, but not too many I wouldn't have thought.

Krul and Jota for me, which makes me wonder how desperate to make signings I am that I can get so excited about signing players I had never heard of :rolleyes:

Oh and just in case any of you had missed it, we are fecking desperately in need of a striker signing by 11pm tonight.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Don't really care. Just want to see us improve our squad.

Also we have an Italian player now This club has been screaming out for one for years. Who isn't excited?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Every time a new thread has been started today I've read the name and thought there was a decent chance that it had just been made up.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Also we have an Italian player now This club has been screaming out for one for years. Who isn't excited?

Poor Lorenzo Pinamonte :down:

(and Orlandi was a BIT Italian, too)

wolfie

Jul 19, 2003
Warwickshire
I have heard names we are signing in the morning for the first time, and then forgotten them again by tea time after the deal has collapsed.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Yes:

Krul
Ryan
Brown
Jovetic
Kone
Markovic
Niasse
Origi
Abraham
Zohore
Mooy

No:

Ekambi
Borga
And one
Denswil
Schelotto
Carvalho
Marega
Babacar
Suttner
Gross
the rest

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Let's be frank, we are shit when it comes to doing deals really aren't we?

Only with strikers. Murray and Zamora really wanted to come here which was very fortunate. Ulloa took a couple of years to get. Hemed, we did well with. Six seasons worth there though which is a very small number for a team that has been challenging for most of that period. Chailey will be along to tell me if I've missed anyone.

Tonight we will have another Cult star to talk about for years signed up...I hope.

1234andcounting

Mar 31, 2008
Some players I had not heard of before we signed them either permanently or on loan: Peter Ward, Brian Horton, Bobbyt Zamora, Leo Ulloa. And I was still relatively interested in football in general rather than just the Albion as I am now for the first three of those.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton

Argentina born - doesn't that make him an Argie too? What a mix for a defender!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here