Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Virgin huh!!!

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
Been having some trouble lately with TV saying TIVO got a problem and programmes breaking down on a regular basis. Also Broadband been cutting out for an hour or so on a regular basis.

Then, get a letter to say cost going up £3.99/month in September. As I only use about 10 channels in their package, including SSN, feel I am overpaying for what I use. To be honest would use Freeview again if it had SSN.

A couple of years ago used to phone Virigin, speak to someone local and they would give an upgraded box and other goodies and keep the price the same.

Today, have spoken to the call centre, now overseas, could not understand a word I was being told, and got no joy whatsoever.

Any idea if you can negotiate a better deal by going into their shops?

btnbelle

Apr 26, 2017
After dialing 150, go through to the option for customer services, I want to cancel my services. Explain your problems to English employees every time. They will connect you with people can help and you would surely be able to get a new deal, if your ready to leave. If prices rise too much it can invalidate your contract. Find out a cheap price from somewhere else first. They won't want to lose you, always works for me. Good luck.:thumbsup:

Jul 7, 2003
Been having some trouble lately with TV saying TIVO got a problem and programmes breaking down on a regular basis. Also Broadband been cutting out for an hour or so on a regular basis.

Then, get a letter to say cost going up £3.99/month in September. As I only use about 10 channels in their package, including SSN, feel I am overpaying for what I use. To be honest would use Freeview again if it had SSN.

A couple of years ago used to phone Virigin, speak to someone local and they would give an upgraded box and other goodies and keep the price the same.

Today, have spoken to the call centre, now overseas, could not understand a word I was being told, and got no joy whatsoever.

Any idea if you can negotiate a better deal by going into their shops?

Shops only sell to new customers. You have to play the game and call them, tell them you are unhappy and want to cancel, then wait for them to give you a better offer.

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
If prices rise too much it can invalidate your contract. Find out a cheap price from somewhere else first. They won't want to lose you, always works for me. Good luck.:thumbsup:

If they put up prices within your contracted period you can leave penalty free. Ring them and tell them you don't want to pay the increase.

Mannakin

Jun 24, 2013
Hove (actually!)
Virgin have an ongoing problem at the moment which they are keeping quiet about.

See this thread on their forums http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Gaming-Support/Hub-3-Compal-CH7465-LG-TG2492LG-and-CGNV4-Latency-Cause/m-p/3514918#M35536

Essentially you're a bit buggered if you have a super hub 3 (all new customers get them) and use applications that need low latency (e.g. online gaming, some video streaming and video conferencing).

I haven't been told about a price rise myself or i would probably be using it as an excuse to cancel and go to BT.

Jul 7, 2003
Virgin have an ongoing problem at the moment which they are keeping quiet about.

See this thread on their forums http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Gaming-Support/Hub-3-Compal-CH7465-LG-TG2492LG-and-CGNV4-Latency-Cause/m-p/3514918#M35536

Essentially you're a bit buggered if you have a super hub 3 (all new customers get them) and use applications that need low latency (e.g. online gaming, some video streaming and video conferencing).

I haven't been told about a price rise myself or i would probably be using it as an excuse to cancel and go to BT.

Superhub2 has had issues as well. Gave up waiting for a fix, turned mine to modem mode and bought a Tplink router. Not had any problems since.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Put my Tivo box on a grill tray (not in the oven) to let the air circulate round it,and not had any problems since.It works better and faster than my son's new V6 box.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here