Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Game 4 Grenfell

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Not yet no, I think it will be by November they said. There's a crane doing whatever it's doing.

Seems to be out of the news nationally and not really heard the final toll if there is indeed one as the authorities couldn't be sure who was in the building at the time - lodgers sublets etc.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Seems to be out of the news nationally and not really heard the final toll if there is indeed one as the authorities couldn't be sure who was in the building at the time - lodgers sublets etc.

I don't think they wanted to announce a final toll as likely hundreds more than announced and would have further inflamed the local community. Looked like the plan was to just let it drift away from the public gaze, and looks like they've got away with it thus far.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
I don't think they wanted to announce a final toll as likely hundreds more than announced and would have further inflamed the local community. Looked like the plan was to just let it drift away from the public gaze, and looks like they've got away with it thus far.

I'm sure the newshounds won't let it go. Isn't there going to be a public enquiry anyway? Mind you if Hillsborough is anything to go by I won't see it in my lifetime.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

its not hundreds more. this whole thing about hundreds of undeclared victims stems from a clip of someone making the claim there was 40 in one room, something not corroborated by any fireman or other person, and no group has been able to come up with a list of the additional victims.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

its not hundreds more. this whole thing about hundreds of undeclared victims stems from a clip of someone making the claim there was 40 in one room, something not corroborated by any fireman or other person, and no group has been able to come up with a list of the additional victims.

Maybe not hundreds more but it is certainly FAR more than 80, at least double that I'd say. Considering that it happened at midnight, and there were 227 bedrooms (500+ people) in there, with at least 150 bedrooms above the fire, 80 seems like a massive underestimate.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here