Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jota to Brum for 6 mill - A Steal

Seagull Mags

Aug 18, 2016
Can't believe we wouldn't have been interested in him for 6 million....??? He would be a perfect no.10 to battle it out with Baldock who is always injured....We could do a lot worse that's for sure.

The Tactician

Feb 18, 2013
Thought this too...Very low risk, would be a great championship player to help us straight back up if we did get relegated. He's a quality player, though our options behind the striker are quite extensive right now. Maybe he wouldn't get in the team too much.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
£6m is the fee being reported but unless there is something we do not know about it would seem unlikely that the (not quite as but still pretty bloody) shrewd Mr Benham would do a deal at that price doesn't it? That said, his loan back to Spain and subsequent return is all a bit odd.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Nowhere near Premier League standard.
Which is why he went to Birmingham.

I wonder if anyone realises just how desperate they sound?

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
Nowhere near Premier League standard.
Which is why he went to Birmingham.

I wonder if anyone realises just how desperate they sound?

Disagree. Not quite as strongly as over Aaron Mooy but still disagree.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Agreed, a good little player who would have been good competition for the number 10 shirt.

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
But there is much better value abroad for players who have never played English football.. :bla:

Mooy and Jota 2 examples of fantastic value for money from English clubs.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
No guarantee Jota would be anywhere near up to it in the PL. But of course we "missed out", so on Planet NSC today he must be a WORLDBEATER

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
No guarantee Jota would be anywhere near up to it in the PL. But of course we "missed out", so on Planet NSC today he must be a WORLDBEATER

No gaurantee but how can we know until we give him a go. Most championship observers would agree this is a bargain. And I would have loved Brighton to sign him.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
I will add that I didn't mean we should have been in for him necessarily, just that £6m in this market seems (suspiciously) inexpensive.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here