Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Japan Vs Australia

Scotchegg

Sep 1, 2014
Brighton
If you wanted to take your mind off the deadline day for a bit. This game is on right now, Ryan in goal, HT 1-0 Japan. Missed the goal though, did anyone catch it?

coagulantwolf

Jun 21, 2012
Not a lot he could have done with the goal, terrible defending from Australia. Ball crossed in and the Japanese player has about 10 yards of free space (whole defense tried to play offside) and comfortably volleys home from 10 yards.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Asano gives Japan the lead!!

Five minutes before the break and Australia trail. Nagatomo whips in a cross from the left and Smith completely loses his man, who controls it and knocks it past a helpless Ryan with his left. 1-0 to Japan after 41 minutes.

MR in the clear for that one, by the looks.

Scotchegg

Sep 1, 2014
Brighton
Doesn't sound too bad then. This channel seems to think adverts for Mr Bean are better than highlights during the HT break...

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Australia are very poor if they come out of this game with anything I will be amazed.

Hopefully, they can nick something though, would like to see them at the world cup.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Not a lot he could have done with the goal, terrible defending from Australia. Ball crossed in and the Japanese player has about 10 yards of free space (whole defense tried to play offside) and comfortably volleys home from 10 yards.

Asano gives Japan the lead!!

Five minutes before the break and Australia trail. Nagatomo whips in a cross from the left and Smith completely loses his man, who controls it and knocks it past a helpless Ryan with his left. 1-0 to Japan after 41 minutes.

MR in the clear for that one, by the looks.

So, which was it? A volley, or a controlled cross and finish?!

I know you're both quoting sources, it's just funny how the same goal can be called so differently.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

I know you're both quoting sources, it's just funny how the same goal can be called so differently.

Not sure they are called differently at all? 'comfortably volleys home' doesn't necessarily mean volleys home without controlling it / teeing it up first :shrug:

coagulantwolf

Jun 21, 2012

Just search 'Australia Japan' on Twitter and you'll see the goal, mine was my own write up! A controlled volley, side footed in.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Cahil on and causing trouble

Should have got one there

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Sad that there will be plenty of Albion 'fans' all over this thread desperately hoping Ryan will screw up so that their latest witch hunt will, in their eyes, be vindicated.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
[tweet]903217102705668097[/tweet]

I don't think that goal is at all Ryan's fault but he almost manages to make it look a bit like it is...

Last edited:

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I don't think that goal is all Ryan's fault but he almost manages to make it look a bit like it is...

Wasn't his fault at all he was let down by his defence. The only thing you can say about it is that he was flat footed and made no attempt to look like he could get to it. He was never going to get to it.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Wasn't his fault at all he was let down by his defence. The only thing you can say about it is that he was flat footed and made no attempt to look like he could get to it. He was never going to get to it.

Just realised quite a signficant typo - should say "not AT all" his fault!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here