Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tim Krul *signed* on season long loan subject to medical

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
Possibly incoming on loan, according to a few sources (including South Shields Gazette) on Twitter...

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Seems highly unlikely they'd loan him to a direct relegation rival.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Like him very much. I went to the youth FA cup game in 2006, and saw him save two penalties in the shoot out. He's a good keeper.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I'd like that. He wouldn't be happy as anything other than a number one though. Would certainly keep Ryan on his toes. (Maybe thats the attraction in signing him).

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I've always been a big fan of Tim Krul, he's commanding, he's tall, he's Dutch and he's a left footer. He ticks all the boxes.

He was on loan in Holland last season and he would have been under Hughton at Newcastle, but I think he became number 1 either in the season they sacked Hughton, or the season after. The dreadful Steve Harper was number 1 for the Championship winning season.

Krul would be an excellent signing.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
I don't really understand the point of signing a 3rd GK, unless the consensus is that Maenpaa is not good enough to play in the PL under any circumstances (in which case why give him a new contract), or is not sufficient pressure on Ryan to keep him on his toes (but again, why not?).

Jan 22, 2017
Seems highly unlikely they'd loan him to a direct relegation rival.

He is hugely out of favour at NUFC for some reason, wouldn't rule it out at all. Especially if we manage to sign a keeper, Rafa certainly wants one. And then we have Elliot, Darlow and Woodman all ahead of Krul.

The Shields Gazette is quite reliable too.

The Krul of 3 years ago would be a great signing for anybody.

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
I've always been a big fan of Tim Krul, he's commanding, he's tall, he's Dutch and he's a left footer. He ticks all the boxes.

He was on loan in Holland last season and he would have been under Hughton at Newcastle, but I think he became number 1 either in the season they sacked Hughton, or the season after. The dreadful Steve Harper was number 1 for the Championship winning season.

But NINJA! Every Dutch player is CRAP......../s

Rod Marsh

Aug 9, 2013
Sussex
I don't really understand the point of signing a 3rd GK, unless the consensus is that Maenpaa is not good enough to play in the PL under any circumstances (in which case why give him a new contract), or is not sufficient pressure on Ryan to keep him on his toes (but again, why not?).

Because one long term injury and a red card and we'd be in trouble.......

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham

Harper gifted his mate a goal at the Amex couldn't stand the fella.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here