Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Music not listed as albums on my laptop?

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
Hi all, I'm having a few issues that I've just stumbled upon.

I've always had loads of music on my laptop. Years ago I bought and still use an iPod classic at work so I've been using iTunes quite happily.

Yesterday I bought myself a shiny new phone so I've just sat down to move some music over to it but the My Music folder has gone all screwy and is basically empty apart from some recent downloads. It's now in an "iTunes library" folder and its listing all my music in track order and mixed all the albums up. So now I have 000's of no.1 the 000's of no.2 etc, I can't just click an album as they're all split up.

I think it may have gone wrong when i upgraded to Windows 10 last year, I haven't noticed until now as I haven't needed to access these files

ITunes is still ok with all the albums listed as they should with artwork etc. But I can't use iTunes with a Samsung S8 as not compatible.

Is there a way to pull an album from iTunes and just put it in a folder so I can then transfer to my phone?

It's doing my head and I'm by no means a technophobe!

Cheers

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
I know nothing of iTunes but sounds to me like the ID3 tags could have not populated.

ID3 is a metadata container most often used in conjunction with the MP3 audio file format. It allows information such as the title, artist, album, track number, and other information about the file to be stored in the file itself.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ID3

RandyWanger

Je suis rôti de boeuf
Mar 14, 2013
Done a Frexit, now in London
There is a setting in iTunes that moves music from My Music and puts it in the iTunes music folder.

I think on a PC (sorry Mac user) you just right click any track, and there will be a show in explorer or show item location option, this will open up a new window where the file is saved. You can then do what you want with it. Edit, Preferences, Advanced should find the options to store and sort music.

I believe the default is for songs to be listed by Artist which is great unless you have a lot of compilations or mixes. In that case you can sort by Album and track number.

Hopefully this makes sense? I warmed up a Windows laptop to try figure it out but it doesn't have any music on to test.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Modern day problems, far easier to sort out when all you have done is misfiled an album in alphabetical order

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here