Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lifetime ban for Derby fan over abusive tweet

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Read that on the BBC at lunch time (front page on the news site as well).

Not condoning what the lad posted and Derby are right to have given the lad a ban but for life?? Seems a bit OTT to me.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Thought about this and my first impression was that Derby were being harsh over a keyboard warrior. But his comments were disgusting and it's about time these pr!cks engage their brains before pressing enter. So good and well done Derby.

Last edited:

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
It must take a horrible sod to tweet something like that.

I've got no sympathy for him. He's banned from watching the team he supports. Boo hoo. I doubt it'll feel anywhere near as bad as what Billy Sharpe and his wife felt when they actually lost their son.

Good on Derby County FC.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
It must take a horrible sod to tweet something like that.

I've got no sympathy for him. He's banned from watching the team he supports. Boo hoo. I doubt it'll feel anywhere near as bad as what Billy Sharpe and his wife felt when they actually lost their son.

Good on Derby County FC.
No "E" on the end of Sharp chap.

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
Thought about this and my first impression was that Derby were being harsh over a keyboard warrior. But his comments were disgusting and it's about time this pr!cks engage their brains before pressing enter. So good and well done Derby.

Agree.
It's about time spewing out vile crap like this online had real consequences for the idiots doing it. Spot on Derby.

bWize

Nov 6, 2007
Thought about this and my first impression was that Derby were being harsh over a keyboard warrior. But his comments were disgusting and it's about time this pr!cks engage their brains before pressing enter. So good and well done Derby.

Not condoning this in any shape or form, but idiots post stupid shit after a few shandys and a defeat. He deserves punishment but a lifetime ban is a bit harsh. If he showed genuine remorse and was pissed up when he wrote it a season ban and a good talking to would have been suffice.

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
The comments were vile and disgraceful but a lifetime ban seems a tad harsh, I wouldn't be surprised if he'll be able to appeal the ban in a couple years and get it reduced.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Not condoning this in any shape or form, but idiots post stupid shit after a few shandys and a defeat. He deserves punishment but a lifetime ban is a bit harsh. A season ban and a good talking to would have been suffice.

I genuinely don't understand how anybody can stoop so low and mock somebody about a dead child. Yes it's possibly a bit tough a lifetime ban but sod it i won't lose any sleep over it.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Good, But a life time ban seems a little insane.No doubt his ban will be longer than the social media platform he posted it on will be around for.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Not condoning this in any shape or form, but idiots post stupid shit after a few shandys and a defeat. He deserves punishment but a lifetime ban is a bit harsh. If he showed genuine remorse and was pissed up when he wrote it a season ban and a good talking to would have been suffice.

I can't understand anyone mocking a dead child even when drunk.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Stupid, very stupid. I don't agree with a lifetime ban though. I like to believe we can all forgive people at some point....he obviously needs to earn this.

The Gem

Oct 17, 2008
Well done Derby, all you have done is set yet another ridiculous benchmark that other football clubs and organisations will be pressured or forced because of your actions into following.

Yes the words were disgusting and should not have been put out there, and yes he should be punished. For a LIFETIME !!!! That is madness.

You don't get life for murder, so how can they justify it.

Its another example of the nanny state we live in, and another case of look at us, we are all goody two shoes how we have dealt with this.

What a complete joke. Pathetic.

This Country is soft enough as it is.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I'm sure some Derby fans were given banning orders for homophobic comments at the Amex one year.

Saying that though, out of all the midland clubs i have always found Derby fans decent.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here