Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] How much better than Lewis Dunk is Jonny Evans?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Looks like going to Manchester City for c£30m, although both both Arsenal and Leicester are interested.

If he much better than Dunk?

How much is Lewis worth in the current crazy market?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
He is an northern Irish international isn't he?

Dunk is no where near the England set up.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
What he has on his side is experience, Lewis has it all to prove. At the moment Lewis would be worth 15 million but in a year's he could be worth 50 million.

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
If Lewis Dunk has a solid season, and flirts with the England set up, then that's the sort of fee that I'd expect for him.

Sent from my SM-G9350 using Tapatalk

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
I think there's only about 4 players in the NI squad who play in the PL. When your strikers play for Burton, Charlton and Bradford, you know you're not going to be world-beaters!

Baring in mind Evans is 4 years older than Dunk, I guess Lewis must already be in the £20m bracket.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Dunk is unfortunate that we as a country are producing decent young centre backs, ahead of him he has Keane, Maguire, Cahill, Stones and Smalling. Eric Dier can also do a job there. He may need to move to a higher club in order to get a call up.

I would at least want £20million.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Always thought Evans was over-rated. Yes, he played for ManU (which was when I first saw him), but I didn't think he looked up to standard for them - ManU presumably agreed with me, because they moved him on. If Dunk had been playing in the PL, I wonder where he would be now in the pecking order?

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Johnny Evans came through the Man Utd academy and played over 100 games mainly as an understudy to possibly the best centreback pairing in the premiership years. Not many players come through their academy and represent the first team, consider all the others who have played for Man Utd youth team but didn't manage even 20 first team appearances.

He was sold by LVG who sold most of Utd's decent players in favour of his own signings where most players were played out of position.

Dunk, although younger and showing so many positives, hasn't played at the highest level for any significant amount of time and is ultimately a risk. we would be lucky to get more than £10m for him currently. If he has a decent season then we could expect a similar figure to the £30m that Everton have paid for Keane.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
and Dunk has scored more goals than Evans, this season.

indy3050

Jun 22, 2011
AGRee that even she has had more of the limelight hybrid so obviously is going to command i higher fee. Lewis needs a season or two Ince the o remix orem the cameras in him to get close to that figure.

Bloody auto correct :(

Last edited:

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
You have to ask yourself what it would cost to replace him with someone of the same quality and age in this mental market .

£30mill plus

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here