Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Luxury watch enthusiasts....

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Are there others like myself on NSC who have an unhealthy infatuation with watches?

I find myself perusing them every day and thinking which one I would like next.

For the record I would plump for a Zenith Stratos.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I was that way a couple of years ago, and would buy and sell watches of varying values quite frequently.

Then I got a Garmin Forerunner 235 and ever since then I've had black plastic instead of stainless steel on my wrist - it's probably saved me a fair bit of money as a result!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Working wear you do means you don't count unless you think you'd have your collection if you had to pay retail!

No question.

That isn't to say I'm not FOND of the things, but if I were paying retail prices, I'd be wearing a £50 watch, tops.

Even as it is, I pretty much always stick to the (company issue) £500 Tissot (Titanium PRC 100) as I don't care if it gets knocked about.

The Omega jobs just gather dust*

*metaphorically speaking - all boxed and that.

Brian Parsons

May 16, 2013
Bicester, Oxfordshire.
Mine is a Rolex Oysterdate circa 1966. Purchased in Aden ( South Yemen) whilst serving in the RAF. A mere £50 then much battering and haggling with shopkeeper. Current market value a kin lot.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Got given a Tissot T touch by a relative but need a bigger strap. Does anyone have suggestions as to where in Sussex would be a good place to do that?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Got given a Tissot T touch by a relative but need a bigger strap. Does anyone have suggestions as to where in Sussex would be a good place to do that?

Any Tissot reseller will be able to do this for you, assuming you want to do it with genuine Tissot parts.

If you mean that it is a metal bracelet that needs enlarging, they'll be able to order one or two addition links and add them to your existing bracelet.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Any Tissot reseller will be able to do this for you, assuming you want to do it with genuine Tissot parts.

If you mean that it is a metal bracelet that needs enlarging, they'll be able to order one or two addition links and add them to your existing bracelet.

Thanks, do want genuine parts but it's a black rubber band so assume will need a complete new band. Was hoping for some word of mouth recommendations.

Rod Marsh

Aug 9, 2013
Sussex
I keep on looking at Sinn watches. I think they are incredible quality for the price. I'd like the 104 st sa i model. Considering selling a couple of my cheaper watches to get myself the cash for this one. It's much like our transfer activity :)

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
I've got a breitling chronomat evolution which I managed to pick up very cheap. The bezel still needs replacing as there are a couple of chips taken out of it and there was extensive damage to a number of links and the clasp which I've since had replaced.

Watches are definitely something I'd spend a lot of money on if I were to win the lottery.
There's an omega with an orange strap which has caught my eye recently.

Scotchegg

Sep 1, 2014
Brighton
I've got one fancy watch and one much less fancy, so I wouldn't call myself a collector but I do like them and I sniff about to see what's out there quite frequently.

I met someone who was wearing a brushed rose gold Hublot big bang with a simple black face and it was beautiful. Looked it up to find out it was a snip at £49,000 and that pretty much killed off any ideas of being a collector or enthusiast for me lol.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I met someone who was wearing a brushed rose gold Hublot big bang with a simple black face and it was beautiful. Looked it up to find out it was a snip at £49,000 and that pretty much killed off any ideas of being a collector or enthusiast for me lol.

Crikey - I've just looked up a picture of that watch. Looks like it should cost about a tenner!

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
I was that way a couple of years ago, and would buy and sell watches of varying values quite frequently.

Then I got a Garmin Forerunner 235 and ever since then I've had black plastic instead of stainless steel on my wrist - it's probably saved me a fair bit of money as a result!

Team Garmin for me too.

Scotchegg

Sep 1, 2014
Brighton
Crikey - I've just looked up a picture of that watch. Looks like it should cost about a tenner!

Ha, I agree, they usually look hideous and that was the only one I've ever seen that looked good, but shit it did look good. It was much simpler than the usual big bangs. It was a cronograph too, but the dials were just plain black.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
No. Decent timepieces available in the local market for £4.99. Perfect timekeepers, look fine, no winding or maintenance, usually still working perfectly when thrown away after a year or so (strap will have worn out and disintegrated - cheaper to buy a new watch than a new strap!)

Brian Parsons

May 16, 2013
Bicester, Oxfordshire.
No. Decent timepieces available in the local market for £4.99. Perfect timekeepers, look fine, no winding or maintenance, usually still working perfectly when thrown away after a year or so (strap will have worn out and disintegrated - cheaper to buy a new watch than a new strap!)
That was the case many years ago in Japan with when the first digital watches came out, a new battery cost more than a new watch and so began our throw away society.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

PTC Gull

Micky Mouse country.
NSC Patreon
Apr 17, 2017
Florida

They are available on Amazon here in the US. You could try the UK site. Easy to fit yourself.:thumbsup:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here