Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So how much will our main striker purchase cost?...

How much cash will we splash?

• <14m

Votes: 29 27.6%
  • 14-16m

Votes: 29 27.6%
  • 16-18m

Votes: 17 16.2%
  • 18m>

Votes: 30 28.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
I have no doubt our transfer record will be broken again, but how much will our number 1 striker cost?

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
At this moment in time i don't care about cost. I just want to see some activity.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Based on the opinion of most on here that it will be a loan or not at all very little. I believe it will top the £15m mark if it is a decent striker as Cardiff are saying £20m for Zohore

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
6F8B40FD-0985-41EF-AB4D-E47D0C905C34-928-000000A7ADED3616.jpeg

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
I've predicted £18m>

But I've got this horrible feeling by Friday, we're going to still be in the same striker crisis as we are in now. Fingers crossed this horrible feeling is just a load of bollocks.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
But I've got this horrible feeling by Friday, we're going to still be in the same striker crisis as we are in now. Fingers crossed this horrible feeling is just a load of bollocks.

This. We will probably have Barber on SKY Friday morning saying we had one or two targets in mind but we just failed to get the deals over the line. :lol:

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
We are safe to assume that without the two new strikers we shall be relegated come the end of the season. It must be worth a £30m risk to try and stay up for the £100m additional money we can expect from another season of premier league football. Long & Ings are two I would go for

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
We're probably looking in the same bracket as these two, Dwight Gayle to Wolves £10m & Wilf Bony to Swansea £13m.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
This article is slightly hinting at the positives even if we don't sign a striker:

http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/alb...ice_creative_problem_for_Albion_boss_Hughton/

Given the Argus have in the last 24 hours written this
"The circumstances of the [Watford] match brutally exposed the forward shortage, which Albion will attempt to address with two signings before the window closes on Thursday evening."
http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/alb...___but_two_points_dropped_could_prove_costly/

and
"Albion remain intent on signing two strikers"
http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/alb...o_let_Goldson_go_out_on_loan_to_Championship/

then some idea that they are buttering readers up for the idea that its fine if we don't is a bit of a long shot.
Even if a piece saying that Izquierdo, March, Brown, Gross and Knockaert as the various options to provide an attacking threat or service up front is a nice problem for Hughton , because well it is.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Last time Barber was on Sky, he announced a £10m signing.

Indeed. The one that the whole world and his dog knew we had signed already.

When he was on BT Sport after the Man City game, he offered up the 'maybe, but it's hard' in answer to the striker question. I'm sure it's got even harder after the failed medical. But, we always live in hope. It will be great if we can complete a good signing. :)

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here