Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Aluko

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Going to Reading for 7.5m...given up on hemed then...
If we could have got that much for Hemed, I don't see why we didn't take it to increase our budget for replacements. Not that I don't like Hemed, but he's only got a year left on his contract and I think we need better.

Last edited:

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
VERY different player from Hemed.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Who would of played on Saturday if we had sold him???
We could have agreed to sell him after the game, but if we had intended to sell him and use the money we might have had a replacement in by Saturday anyway.

We're being told that prices have gone up by orders of magnitude - have they really? We sold Ulloa for £8m 3 years ago. If that was the price for someone of his quality back then, what should we be expecting to pay for a PL striker now? We haven't even paid or bid double that for anyone.
And Stephens was worth more than £7m a year ago, so what are we saying midfielders are worth now? And have we backed up that belief by making bids to match?

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
If we could have got that much for Hemed, I don't see why we didn't take it to increase our budget for replacements. Not that I don't like Hemed, but he's only got a year left on his contract and I think we need better.

We probably would in most circumstances.

With him being the only fit striker and the recent failed medicals the club rightfully are waiting to get some in before agreeing he goes.

Imagine if he went then something strange happens with the incomings.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Imagine if he went then something strange happens with the incomings.
But that just means we'd have to say 'yes, but only once we have someone in', which is quite different to saying no. Presumably the interest for Hemed didn't start a week ago, and the club would have anticipated interest for him. There are a lot of Championship clubs with promotion ambitions, and he's a proven goal scorer.

Apr 15, 2016
N1D
Aluko's more of a winger but can play on the left and right wing and behind the striker as a no.10. Not an out an out striker unlike Hemed but can probably play there. I doubt they will sign Hemed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here