Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Richard Madeley

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
A true national treasure, surely.

Popped the TV on this morning - something that doesn't usually happen - and I was surprised to see Richard Madeley presenting the TV breakfast show. I thought Piers Morgan did it. Anyway, he's fantastic, isn't he?

First up we had a woman who is engaged to "Britain's most violent prisoner" Charles Bronson, on because they want to have a baby, and discussion turned to whether Bronson should be released. Madeley picked up a piece of paper: "I've got his charge sheet here. Last year he attacked the prison governor. Charlie, if you're watching mate, what was that about?"

Next up, on a piece about people getting drunk on flights, Richard revealed his inside knowledge of the airline industry. "A Ryanair flight to Ibiza, and that's one of the bad ones - the old run down to Ibiza, ..."

Continuing on the same flight, it was revealed that the Ibiza flight had to be re-routed to France: "I hope they got arrested. The French don't much around with that sort of thing."

Finally, Richard gave some detail of a flight he was on from Miami to London: "There was this man and woman, and they didn't know each other, but after 4 or 5 hours of copious alcohol, they got intimate. It was visual and audible and quite disgusting."

I'm staying tuned for more Madeley brilliance.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Madeley gives the impression that he watches re-runs of Knowing Me Knowing You for some good old fashioned tips on how to be a world class chat show host.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
A friend of mine used to work on his show. The team all referred to them as 'Bitchard and Prude-y'.

That's all I can add.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I saw some of this too. In between those nuggets, I just found him incredibly dull, no charisma.

Morgan seems to have taken the entire schools summer holiday off. Whilst emotionally twittering away Wenger and Arsenal's defeats.

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
Oddly enough I left the telly on yesterday morning to see his beaming face on presenting duty. He was interviewing his own daughter, but at pains to point out that even if he wasn't presenting the show she'd still have been booked as a guest.

Then the other presenter asked if the daughter was pleased it was her Dad in the chair and not Piers Morgan. She said yes, as at least her Dad would go easy on her and let her get a word in edgeways.

I've still got no idea as to what the daughter does

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
A friend of mine used to work on his show. The team all referred to them as 'Bitchard and Prude-y'.

That's all I can add.

And accurate too per my info. Guy is a self centered, look at meeeeee, kn0b. Different to Piers Moron but cut from the same cloth imho.

Codner's Wallop

Sep 11, 2013
I just can't see the comparison with Morgan. The latter being thoroughly unlikeable, though he's a smart guy, manipulative and persuasive among the growing hate-class in this country.

Madeley on the other hand is more a cuddly buffoon. I love his complete lack of understanding either sarcasm or irony. Deep down he would have loved to have been a serious journo or presenter. Sadly, there are a few vital parts missing......

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Madeley is a real life Alan Partridge and has delivered some great lines in front of the camera with these two being my favourites

62d4fa6c0b46c0dff5b96cc7a9a387ee.jpg

fd5bd50a6e90563e98ef279df09f136e.jpg

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Madeley is a real life Alan Partridge and has delivered some great lines in front of the camera with these two being my favourites

62d4fa6c0b46c0dff5b96cc7a9a387ee.jpg

fd5bd50a6e90563e98ef279df09f136e.jpg

Might have been the apostrophe, but it certainly wasn't the correct use of the use of the first person pronouns me and I.

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Cannot stand the smug git .

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
He's usually at his cringiest when on other people's shows like Shooting Stars or Would I lie to You. Just hasn't got the sense of humour or turn of phrase to keep up but thinks he's brilliant. It's entertaining for a short time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here