Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New Monk's Farm

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter

seagullsslimjim

Sep 26, 2003
Have the club found a crystal ball to be accurate on the figures below and if so are they going to sell them in the club shop ??

•74% of the traffic going to IKEA would approach from the east which is on the section of the A27 which flows freely
•In the AM morning peak the traffic generated by the development is less than proposed in Adur’s emerging local plan
•In the PM evening peak the increase in traffic generated by the development is less than 1%. To the west this means an increase of just 30 vehicles

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
While I obviously appreciate TBs massive financial input to the club I find this attempt to leverage love for the club into support for a commercial development pretty despicable.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
While I obviously appreciate TBs massive financial input to the club I find this attempt to leverage love for the club into support for a commercial development pretty despicable.

Who's to say that the club's coffers won't be boosted by this development? Even if they're not why shouldn't we support the man in any which way we can?

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester

Morally questionable maybe but despicable is a bit strong for me. I do agree with the development though. Not enough houses are built in this country because of middle class nimby's

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I can't believe folk are now bedwetting about the owner making some cash. What next? If we beat WBA will it be 'cruelty to other Albions - we should stand together' etc etc?

FFS. :shootself

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter

Despite most people thinking Tony Bloom is only a professional gambler, he has a very wide portfolio of properties, worldwide. He wants the club to be self sufficient in income, so this will help.

We've needed a southern based Ikea for quite a while, and people need homes. Only 2% of this land in Britain is built on, so we can lose an area of scrub and grass, for something that is useful.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
There are 21 in support and 54 objections, so far. Come on Brighton fans, we used to be good at supporting planning applications.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

I don't think he is doing abything that any other successful businessman wouldn't, given the same circumstances.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Have the club found a crystal ball to be accurate on the figures below and if so are they going to sell them in the club shop ??

•74% of the traffic going to IKEA would approach from the east which is on the section of the A27 which flows freely
•In the AM morning peak the traffic generated by the development is less than proposed in Adur’s emerging local plan
•In the PM evening peak the increase in traffic generated by the development is less than 1%. To the west this means an increase of just 30 vehicles

I'm wondering how that 74% is going to return East ..as my impression was that they were going to make it impossible to go back that way via the Lancing Manor roundabout

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
You don't live local to the site do you

No, but there are houses going to be built, within a quarter of a mile from my house too.

When we wanted Falmer, we didn't like NIMBYs so why should we support them now?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
There are 21 in support and 54 objections, so far. Come on Brighton fans, we used to be good at supporting planning applications.

Where can we support the application? Is there a website or do we need to write letters?

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Where can we support the application? Is there a website or do we need to write letters?

In post number one, there's a link to the club site. In the article, there's a link and the code for the planning application.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here