Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Official NFL 2017 Thread

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Pre-season coming to an end and the season begins week 1 on 7th September lasting through December 31st. Play-offs begin 6th January 2018 and Superbowl 52 (LII) is at US Bank Stadium in Minneapolis Minnesota on 4th February 2018.

My interest lies in AFC North with Pittsburgh Steelers.

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
Every year I do the same thing and try to watch pre-season and every year I realise how bad it is and with everything going on behind the scenes that we don't know about with roster selections it is not a spectacle. Roll on a week Thursday and then especially the overnight Sunday game for Dem 'Boyz

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Will the Raiders be a one man team again this season

Balders

Aug 19, 2013
as a staunch Bungles Believer, what better way to start the season having Adam Jones suspended for one game and Vontaze looking at a potential 5 game suspension - so just the same old, same old, following the Bungles lol

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Giants had a narrow win against the Jets on Saturday in the preseasons - Perkins, who had looked terrible in the preseason, finally found his stride and Manning was adequate. Cowboys on the 10th

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
I see the Chargers are relocating to Los Angeles from San Diego - IMO one of the failings of NFL - franchises. Is it popular with the American public especially in cities that gain a teateam? The cities that lose - do their fans follow them to the new location?

I've lost count of the number of changes just in my years of following NFL 1981-2017.

Saw Oakland Raiders vs Tampa Bay Bucs 1981 after they'd won Superbowl.
Saw Houston Oilers vs San Diego Chargers in the Astrodome in 1987 where Dan Fouts was up against Warren Moon - I was a big Fouts fan but Moon was awesome too. Bought the famous "retired" shirt 34 Earl Campbell which is still in good shape and hanging on my washing line at the moment.

Saw a couple of games at Wembley in the eighties Cowboys Bears with the Fridge etc.

Can't wait for the season and with Sky Sports on order for 5th September it'll be timed just right.

Whoislloydy

May 2, 2016
Vancouver, British Columbia
I've lost count of the number of changes just in my years of following NFL 1981-2017.

Probably rhetorical but below is for the people who might not, just so they have an idea of the problem.

1982 - Oakland Raiders moved to LA
1984 - Baltimore Colts moved to Indianapolis
1988 - St Louis Cardinals moved to Tempe and (Phoenix Cardinals) later changed name to Arizona Cardinals after relocating to another suburb of Phoenix.
1995 - LA Raiders moved back to Oakland
1995 - LA Rams moved to St Louis
1996 - Cleveland Browns players/coaches moved to Baltimore and formed the Ravens. NFL granted Cleveland a new franchise in 1999
1997 - Houston Oilers moved to Tennessee, later renamed the Titans. Houstan later granted a new franchise in 1999 but didn't play first game until 2002.
2016 - St Louis Rams relocated back to LA
2017 - San Diego Chargers 'returned' to LA

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Probably rhetorical but below is for the people who might not, just so they have an idea of the problem.

1982 - Oakland Raiders moved to LA
1984 - Baltimore Colts moved to Indianapolis
1988 - St Louis Cardinals moved to Tempe and (Phoenix Cardinals) later changed name to Arizona Cardinals after relocating to another suburb of Phoenix.
1995 - LA Raiders moved back to Oakland
1995 - LA Rams moved to St Louis
1996 - Cleveland Browns players/coaches moved to Baltimore and formed the Ravens. NFL granted Cleveland a new franchise in 1999
1997 - Houston Oilers moved to Tennessee, later renamed the Titans. Houstan later granted a new franchise in 1999 but didn't play first game until 2002.
2016 - St Louis Rams relocated back to LA
2017 - San Diego Chargers 'returned' to LA

That looks about right - I'd love to know opinions on the franchise system. Would never work in UK with football - oh hold on. Though may with American sports.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Will be cheering for Seattle again, as always. Not sure how we'll fare this year, but hopefully will be in post-season mix.

And keeping an eye on old Hawks fave, Marshawn 'Beast Mode' Lynch at the Raiders. Still can't believe he's come out of retirement!

gmabel830

Aug 12, 2017
This is year 10 as an Arizona Cardinals season ticket holder for me. Rise Up Red Sea!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
If anybody is interested in joining the NFL Fantasy Football league please let me know! We have TWO spots open!

Also come on you Bears. Our defence looks alot better than last season with alot of those now fit. Trusbisky is doing well and our running backs look monstrous. Our WR corps are totally dead though with Meredith down. Kevin White needs to step up.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Whisper it quietly but....THE TEXANS FINALLY HAVE A QUARTERBACK!!!! (And Tom Savage.)

After so many false dawns, there's some genuine hope in the city. We beat the Pats pre-season.

Let's hope his water polo skills are good for the next few days in Houston...

Whoislloydy

May 2, 2016
Vancouver, British Columbia
If anybody is interested in joining the NFL Fantasy Football league please let me know! We have TWO spots open!

Also come on you Bears. Our defence looks alot better than last season with alot of those now fit. Trusbisky is doing well and our running backs look monstrous. Our WR corps are totally dead though with Meredith down. Kevin White needs to step up.

Expecting a big season from Jordan Howard, and Leonard Floyd had a great rookie season.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here