Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A lap of the Nurburgring

Brian Parsons

May 16, 2013
Bicester, Oxfordshire.
An F1 race in the old days was a treat.But a 22km lap at around 6 to 7 mins per lap sadly meant you only saw them about 10 or 12 times. The grey cells are failing me.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing
I was there the day Niki Lauda got his horrendous burn injuries. Took a long time for the emergency services to get to him hence the closure of the full course for Formula one

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Wish I could have a go.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
[MENTION=19921]Doc Lynam[/MENTION], that fella knows his bike and the circuit. This fella can take it off road.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
That bloke, whoever he was, was on the limit. I'd have shit myself driving let alone sitting in the number "2" seat. And I speak as someone who's had a few offs.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Check out on Google. There are boy racer days, you drive around at your own risk, can be expensive though.
I've done a lot of track days here, but don't have the car or money anymore.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
The 'Ring was the nearest thing F1 ever had to the IOM TT circuit, 14 miles against 37 of course.

As the lap record on a bike on the Island is now nearly 134 MPH I have often wondered what an F1 Car might do in terms of lap speed?

Of course you would have find a driver with the balls to do it, don't think the current mob would be up for it.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
:mad: Did he shit himself?

I was clipped (wing mirror) by a car undertaking me at around 90MPH on the M25 Essex (there's a surprise) section November 2014; In retrospect I'm amazed I didn't shit myself. ****ing Subaru Chav - well I suppose we were in Essex...

Got to up to Boston a couple of hours later, hot bath and several beers later all was good, closest I have had to having a real bad one in years, don't suppose many bike accidents on motorways turn out well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here