Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sunday paper talk

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
There's also been some talk in the papers linking us to Majeed Waris, though Burnley is expected to be his destination.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Swansea interested in Afobe; West Brom and Everton weighing up bids for Deeney; Jovetic being pushed towards Newcastle.

There's already a thread on Jovetic but I'd be happy to see either Afobe or Deeney(especially Deeney) at the Albion. Neither would be that expensive would they? Deeney only played about 10 minutes yesterday but he caused us more trouble in that time than Andre Grey did in his 80 minutes.

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
Swansea interested in Afobe; West Brom and Everton weighing up bids for Deeney; Jovetic being pushed towards Newcastle.

There's already a thread on Jovetic but I'd be happy to see either Afobe or Deeney(especially Deeney) at the Albion. Neither would be that expensive would they? Deeney only played about 10 minutes yesterday but he caused us more trouble in that time than Andre Grey did in his 80 minutes.

I've always been a fan of Deeney, I think he'd be a great addition to the squad and can't see him costing too much either.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Deeney only played about 10 minutes yesterday but he caused us more trouble in that time than Andre Grey did in his 80 minutes.
Difficult to judge when 11 v 10, and presumably the game opened up a bit in the last 10 minutes as we tried to get the winner.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I've always been a fan of Deeney, I think he'd be a great addition to the squad and can't see him costing too much either.

I'd be very happy with him. Premier league experience, proven premier league goalscorer, can hold the ball up and occupy defenders. He fits the bill (other than not being lightening fast). lets get him in! (assuming he's not on 100grand a week, which he probably is. Then lets get Afobe!)

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Didn't Leicester have a 30 million bid rejected for Deeney last summer?

Booooo!

That was last summer though. Since then they've bought Andre Grey for 18 million and relegated Deeney to the bench.

I have no idea how much he would cost but if he's within our budget I'd be very happy to see him signed. More so than Zahore, Niasse or Dwamena.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham

Deeney would be a Murray upgrade but lacks pace.

Seagull1989

Oct 31, 2011

Wasn't Deeney touted for an England call up not tooomg ago , he will be back in the Watford starting XI before too long

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think Deeney would be a perfect match for us. Not at £30M though.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
If we're talking semi realistic prem players how about Vincent Janssen from Totenham? Cost 17 Million last season, I doubt Spurs will get rid unless they bring someone else into replace him.

cocamalia

Jan 1, 2011
I'm of the view that we need two strikers.

How about James Wilson again on loan. An impact player from the bench with pace and eye for goal.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here