Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Team's Fitness

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Came away today thinking players looked shattered, more than they should have been versus 10 men. Anyone else observe / think we're not fit enough for PL and there's more work to be done on this front too. Stephens especially looks slow to the point of unfit though I'm certain it's the former and he's therefore going to struggle in the PL.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It's gonna be a dull couple of weeks if all we've got to complain about is the team putting every ounce of effort into a game.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
But did you think we looked knackered? A couple of Watford fans also observed we seemed a bit too tired.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Our players, collectively, covered a larger distance than Watford's 10.
Now that's probably because we had more people running but nonetheless I'd have still expected it to be less.
And it was hot.

And yes: Propper, Gross and Hemed especially looked cream crackered by the end.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
I remember Dunk running the ball up to their corner flag being chased down by one of their forwards, and by the time Watford broke he looked absolutely shattered trying to get back.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Watford have had a few years in the Premier League. Man for man, they're largely better players. We need to run around more to compensate and will have to all season. It's great that we're knackered with a point on the board, rather than fresh with none. Long may it continue.

el punal

For starters, it was extremely hot out there yesterday. The team put in a lot of effort and certainly dictated proceedings without the reward of a goal. It was from the 80th minute that we looked knackered and I thought Watford might sucker punch us right at the end. Thank goodness for Jose's pace to put in THAT tackle at the death.

I must admit I was concerned how we wilted in the final stages. I'll be positive and put it down to the heat rather than commitment which was 100% throughout the game. Still early days, we will get better and stronger, and importantly, more experienced.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I think I mentioned on another thread after the Leicester match that they needed to leave every once of energy on the pitch once they come off at the end, if they want to pick up points in this league. I hadn't seen it at Leicester. I wasn't there yesterday but if they were shattered at the end, maybe they themselves have come to the realisation that's what they need to do, then I am happy that they were nackered.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
The PL is a faster brand of footy to the technical hoofing of the championship!
I'm not surprised that some of our players looked a tad tired, it was bloody hot in the stand yesterday.
Even the Cookery End was hot!

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
The same team that after the first two games of the PL season that had covered the most ground out of all the teams in the league?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here