Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bournemouth stewards

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Ok, we all know you're not supposed to celebrate by encroaching on the pitch, but the way the stewards are holding this fan, could be very dangerous. Choke holds are not necessary.

https://twitter.com/FootballExpose/status/901512530656337920

[tweet]901512530656337920[/tweet]

Aguero is obviously very concerned. It seems the steward made an assualt charge against him, which Bournemouth have now withdrawn. It was down to a 'misunderstanding'.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/sergio-aguero-faces-police-investigation-11059820?1

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Posting videos that don't work

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
comical that the steward reported an assult for having his shoulder touched. Bournemouth seems to have done right thing in withdrawing that embaressment.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
OTT, dibble and stewards making something out of nothing, let a few fans jump up and down celebrating at the front and then they go back in the stand.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
That's a very dangerous hold by the steward. He will lose his SIA badge. People have died in police custody for similar chokeholds / pressure on neck

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
comical that the steward reported an assult for having his shoulder touched. Bournemouth seems to have done right thing in withdrawing that embaressment.

Imo, it shows the arrogance of the steward to complain about Aguero, who was concerned by what he was watching.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Players diving into the crowd and the crowd coming onto the pitch doesn't help, but the steward was a prick.

Tokyohands

Jan 5, 2017
Tokyo
Ridiculous stewarding and policing. They need to judge the situation better, people were just celebrating not running on the pitch aggressively so why not just make sure people get back in the stand? The stewards and police actually run a risk of antagonizing the rest of the fans further by responding like that.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Ok, we all know you're not supposed to celebrate by encroaching on the pitch, but the way the stewards are holding this fan, could be very dangerous. Choke holds are not necessary.

https://twitter.com/FootballExpose/status/901512530656337920

[tweet]901512530656337920[/tweet]

Aguero is obviously very concerned. It seems the steward made an assualt charge against him, which Bournemouth have now withdrawn. It was down to a 'misunderstanding'.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/sergio-aguero-faces-police-investigation-11059820?1

Twitter removed the video, but if you follow the Twitter link, it's been reposted in the next post.

DavePage

Sadly the stewards all over the country are locals, which may well support the team and think it’s a free way of getting in to watch your team.
The top picture shows that he had the same emotion of the 97th minute goal, but for his team it was painful.
basically they have given a local thug that can’t control his emotions a gold and silver waistcoat that seems to go him license he’s not entitled to.
In fact nobody would be entitled to.

The young lad that bounced up and down on the pitch probably fist pumping to his own fans in celebration, will get a three year ban or similar.
Where is this going? Did he rush to the bournemouth fans and entice them, no, I believe not.
Did he get caught in a wave of excited fans, maybe he was front row and had nowhere else to go? I don’t know, but maybe there is a case for that?
Imagine if you are in the front row, your team scores in the 97th minute, your fans will mov e forward, seats or not.
Where do you go? your on the pitch, your heroes are coming towards you. Umm you quietly go to a steward and explain the situation and get ushered safely back into the stand.
Get real, the utter disregard you get from both the Stewards and sadly the police is unreal.
When you show such arrogance to a player when he shows genuine concern towards a fans wellbeing, it’s quite astonishing. That’s both Steward and police.

I have been on the goldstone pitch a few times in celebration as a teenager, now I’m in Canada and listen to the Seagull Player (when it works), but I still get emotional about my team, just by a commentary, add in a televised game, I’m kicking ever ball.

Pitch encroachment was for the protection of the players, then incitement of the opposing fans to cause a riot.

Let’s hope justice prevails.

Sorry for banging on m’ lord

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here