Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lidl. Good publicity or epic fail

Bansko Seagull

Bansko Seagull
May 6, 2009
Worthing, West Sussex
I went to Lidl this morning just after it opened as I needed to do the family shop before heading off to Watford. All I saw was people heading out with their box of prosecco tucked under their arm. As these shoppers hadn't bought anything else and the loyal shoppers were yet to arrive, was this a successful promotion by Lidl or an epic fail?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Prosseco aside, Lidl's nuts and seeds are always good value compared to, say Sainsburys, where they get away from charging extortionate prices, just because they are in the world food aisle.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
In the 60s the rubbish wine was called Blue Nun now it is called Prossecco so good advertising has made it such that people 'need' to be seen drinking it. It just shows what good marketing does for poor products.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
In the 60s the rubbish wine was called Blue Nun now it is called Prossecco so good advertising has made it such that people 'need' to be seen drinking it. It just shows what good marketing does for poor products.

I think their is a bit of that, it's a faddy drink at the moment,I don't really drink sparkling wine unless it's given to me, but I have had some very nice glasses of Prosseco, If people cannot afford Champagne or English sparkling then you can't really be critical if they can only afford Cava and Prosecco.
Still better than any Liebfraumilch still available.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

BensGrandad in missing a clue shock. blue nun and Prossecco are worlds apart, if you've not tried you cant comment much, and you've not read about it so ill informed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here