Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

First Premier League Point **PARTY** Thread

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Should have scored but hey ho it highlights the need even more than before if that is at all possible. AK makes us look a totally different side going forward and we're a legitimate threat. We go into the break with two very tough games out the way, another away day out the way, a point and a clean sheet on the board and NOT in the bottom 3. Right now we need to take what we can get. We could be Bmuff, Palace or WHU.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Should have scored but hey ho it highlights the need even more than before if that is at all possible. AK makes us look a totally different side going forward and we're a legitimate threat. We go into the break with two very tough games out the way, another away day out the way, a point and a clean sheet on the board and NOT in the bottom 3. Right now we need to take what we can get. We could be Bmuff, Palace or WHU.

Welcome friend, glad to see your glass is half full. :thumbsup:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I didn't watch a live stream and wasn't there. So, purely going by the third party views of Cantor, WA, Talksport and fans calling in who were at Vicarage Road, there are loads of positives:

Dunk & Duffy were immense.
Ryan settling in.
AK bloody good.
Stephens back to his best, despite playing against the likes of Cleverley.
We snuffed out Watford, a team that run amok against LFC and Bournemouth.

Then from the CH interview, he was very open that we will be bringing in playersS (plural) this week, including striking options. Obvious to fans, but it was a relief to hear it from a club insider. He said player wages demands, not transfer fees, had been the problem in the market this summer.

sdmartin1

Sep 23, 2008
Lets be honest we probably should have come away with 3 points today but when you look at other teams who have arguably had easier fixtures- Palace have had Huddersfield and Swansea at home, it's not the end of the world. But we do need to recruit some strikers.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Yes, count me in for the party and the free bar!

Just to add a note of caution, though - our next 'easier' match after the international break could just be against the league leaders...............

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Thinking of popping down later. What beers have you got on?

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Will have a cider in celebration.
Good point today. Won't let anyone downbeat tell me otherwise
Defence was great today.
Midfield solid and getting better. AK, March and Iziquierdo all looked decent and creative.
Hemed also worked bloody hard
Missed a bit of quality and luck in front of goal today but it will come I'm sure.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I was a bit pissed off that we'd not scored but, with hindsight, only having one fit striker meant a point away was always going to be a decent result.

Just need to see one or more decent players holding up the shirt and I'll be confident that we will stay up. Palace etc are already proving that there is a lot of dross in this division. We're finding our feet.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Cheers

Wine.png

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
It's a huge monkey off our back and nice to sign off for the international break with a generally positive result. There's far worse sides in the division (yes, Palarse I'm looking at you! Keep faith with Frank De Boer - he's a fine manager).

Great support at Vicarage Road vocally and I just hope the trains get sorted out by the time Seagulls fans are on their final part of their journey. :clap2:

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Maybe they will have something to say about us on MOTD tonight..

The players will take a lot from that performance.. We can perform at this level.

Now where's the bar?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here