Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Mr Cool playing things down as always

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Hughton: "I hope we are successful in this transfer window to get a bit more attacking threat. I hope I'll be busy, can't guarantee it but we are trying as hard as we can. It is a difficult market."

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Probably works better than:

"**** me, we'll take almost anyone at almost any price at this point.
Has anyone got Ricky Van Wolfswinkel's number?"

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
It's only a matter of time

33ECF1FA00000578-3580918-image-a-6_1462802843987.jpg

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
We must sign two strikers this week. Hemed is the only fit forward at the club with Baldock and now Murray injured. That's a crisis position to be in. Otherwise where are the goals going to come from?

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
We must sign two strikers this week. Hemed is the only fit forward at the club with Baldock and now Murray injured. That's a crisis position to be in. Otherwise where are the goals going to come from?

Hemed may be fit, but he is not very quick and his pass completion today must have been less than 50%. Let's not mention his shooting stats.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

I had hoped for two new strikers all along.

Every injury cloud (whilst a window is open) has a silver lining.

The club must be busy right now and TB will have to dig deep, yet again.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Different (higher) league to Glenn in mobility and linking-up play though.

Really?

Glenn may be nearing the end of his career, but even last season his link up play was immense as it always has been and he intelligently chased down opponents for almost entire games (saving enough energy to score the stack of goals that sent us up).

Hemed was a key part of the squad, but mobility has never been his strength.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Hopefully 2 strikers in.

I'm very grateful for GM/TH/SB, but I don't think any of them will cut it at the top.
Obviously I'd love to be proven wrong, but I just can't see them getting close to 25 goals between them this season.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Different (higher) league to Glenn in mobility and linking-up play though.

But he is predominantly there to score goals and at this level he just doesn't look like he can. Premier League defenders like players who play with their backs to goal, it's the ones who receive the ball side on and drive at goal with pace that cause problems. Both Tomer and Glen struggle to do this, but Glen has the longer contract and zero resell value.

I like Tomer but I think the time is right for him to move on.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Hopefully 2 strikers in.

I'm very grateful for GM/TH/SB, but I don't think any of them will cut it at the top.
Obviously I'd love to be proven wrong, but I just can't see them getting close to 25 goals between them this season.

Baldock could with his pace and directness. If wasn't for the endless injuries.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Walking time bomb.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Hopefully 2 strikers in.

If you could add a good 20 goals guaranteed striker (speedy variety) to those three, you wouldn't have bad strike force.

Back to the quest for a 'Better Baldock' I suppose.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Really?

Glenn may be nearing the end of his career, but even last season his link up play was immense as it always has been and he intelligently chased down opponents for almost entire games (saving enough energy to score the stack of goals that sent us up).

Hemed was a key part of the squad, but mobility has never been his strength.

Or his finishing. Once again he had a few chances today and as usual fluffed them

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here