Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

M1 fatal crash

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
I'm not surprised, having been up the M1 a fewtimes, I've seen truckers do all sorts, plenty on their phones or doing something that involves their eyes elsewhere. My girlfriend was once in the middle lane, we going past the furthest left labe and as we were approaching him he indicated into our lane. We assumed he was over taking someone infront, nope... just being an asshole.

RIP to the victims

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
It looked awful I drove past it going north today poor people in the mini bus.
As did I. Could see the minibus was totally mangled and with the tents up you knew there were fatalities. RIP to the victims, and hope the others all pull through. Hgv's are lethal weapons in the wrong hands, wouldn't have had a chance

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
Can't help feeling there's something more than a little insensitive, inappropriate and even a little odd about one of the photos in this report of the accident. The report starts off as a human interest story of a man who stops and comforts an injured 5 year old girl involved in the accident. So far so good and good on him. But then near the end of the article there's a rather odd photo of the "hero" underlined with the caption, "Brett Smith showing the injuries he sustained by helping at the crash". Above that caption there's a photo of Brett brandishing his elbow bearing a small scratch on it. Given the scale of the tragedy, the number of fatalities, the life changing injuries probably sustained, the devastation to families' lives, how did so many people think it was a good idea to publish or even take that photo? If I'd been Brett and the photographer had asked me to pose for that photo I think I would have told the photographer to f**k off. But not only is the photographer permitted to take the photo he then goes back to the Sun's editorial office and presents them with the photo. Instead of the picture editor asking the photographer if he is serious he also thinks it's a good enough scoop for inclusion in the article. I can understand one person making an error of judgement but the fact it went through a chain of people unchecked amazes me. Maybe it's just me but under the circumstances I think a photo of someone who wasn't even a victim of the accident brandishing his slightly grazed elbow beggers belief.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www....9721/m1-crash-hero-war-zone-eight-killed/amp/

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here