Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Striker Light

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Strike a light - seems all the talk is of our striker recruitment.

I'm sure it'll end well by 11pm on Thursday 31st August - keep calm carry on.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Strike a light - seems all the talk is of our striker recruitment.

I'm sure it'll end well by 11pm on Thursday 31st August - keep calm carry on.

We'll get someone in but it will almost certainly be a panic buy now. Hopefully we do have a decent loan lined up as well, that actually comes off.

Two decent strikers will save our season, **** it up and we'll be down early in the New Year.

And no I don't have a massive amount of faith in our recruitment team in the striker department..

In Formula One parlance we should have put down a "banker lap" early on, and got someone with some quality in, just in case we messed up (for whatever reason) at the last minute ( we were only ever going to sign our main striker target at the last minute).

Last edited:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
We'll get someone in but it will almost certainly be a panic buy now. Hopefully we do have a decent loan lined up as well, that actually comes off.

Two decent strikers will save our season, **** it up and we'll be down early in the New Year.

And no I don't have a massive amount of faith in our recruitment team in the striker department..

In Formula One parlance we should have put down a "banker lap" early on, and got someone with some quality in, just in case we messed up (for whatever reason) at the last minute ( we were only ever going to sign our main striker target at the last minute).

I suspect that Tomer is our Banker

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Maybe we will SNARE Michael Owen THIS TIME

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent

I think in your parlance we have our "banker lap" in Hemed and Murray, recruitment were trying for the poll position signing, which for well documented reasons hasn't worked out, yet!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I think in your parlance we have our "banker lap" in Hemed and Murray, recruitment were trying for the poll position signing, which for well documented reasons hasn't worked out, yet!

My banker lap would have been a pacy striker. Maybe Izquierdo can be that man but I'm not sure he's an out and out striker. Neither was Thierry Henri when he arrived at Arsenal though

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Well we had lined up niasse a while ago so not so sure he will be a panic loan.

I see he has done really well at Everton...

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Old Skool leader, that's what we need....
We've got a penalty taker, thanks - Tomer Hemed, and I think we can all agree that he is better than that bloke!

Although come to think of it, there are a few on here who are moaning so hard, so completely negative, that they might even argue about that...............................!

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Not being rude here but that banker lap puts us on the back of the grid :smile:

And some might say not even on the starting track.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here