Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The difference between men and women on social media?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Totally different animals in this. When you see a pic of some woman that is, shall we say, less than attractive, and think yeah, pass… move on. But all the girlie friends will say shit like ‘beautiful’, ‘amazing’, ‘gorgeous’, etc., etc. Do they see something different to us? Blokes to blokes are, ugly c**t, got a face like a slapped arse, did yer mum get punched when you were born? You know the thing, why are we two such different species?

I’d love a role reversal, see women posting about their ugly friend and blokes saying how handsome their mate is. Actually, no I wouldn’t, that would just be weird.

Why do women do what they do and we do what we do?

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
The difference is women are more discreet compared to men. They are the masters of passive aggressive where as men are not so subtle and more open about calling a spade a spade.

They might be pumping up those friends with comments but behind the scenes what they are saying will often be two different things.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Slightly OT but, my wife always falls for the fake news element of Facebook. She is forever telling me that 'Did you know, Donald Trump is advocating blah blah blah....'

It has become a saying in our house, 'Did you read that on Facebook?' Upon which she bashfully admits she did and I encourage her to cross-reference the 'facts' to see if there is any truth in it. I think the lack of scrutiny is odd in this instance as she is as the OP states a bit less forthright than me when judging others but yet doesn't apply that attitude when reading 'news' on Facebook.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Women like having one or two fat, ugly mates. Makes them feel better because they know they are not the fat, ugly mate. If they have to kiss their fat, ugly arses on FB every now and again it's worth it to them.

Plus a lot of women are full of shit. I'm glad my better half doesn't bother with social media, me neither.

Last edited:

Capricorn

Aug 14, 2010
Perth, Australia
I would have thought it has something to do with the different communication styles more frequently used by either sex. Women, more frequently than men, use communication as a means of relating to others, so that the process of communication itself is important (i.e. co-ruminating, gossiping - strengthens social bonds). Men on the other hand, more frequently favour communication that has a directive purpose, so the outcome is important.

Some of the comments on women's photos are ridiculous though. Sometimes it seems to spiral into a self-deprecating w*nk off.

"OMG ur so pretty"

"No im not, ur the pretty one, i look disgusting lol"

"Noooooo, u r sew beautiful. I look like a baked potaetoee"

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Not all women go in for this "OMG! So Pretty!" shenanigans. Many find duck-faced selfies as ridiculous as your average bloke does.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Facebook is a festering grief hole for insecure women. When I used FB there was a bird on there I always used to check because it was so cringeworthy I couldn't help but look. Every Monday a post would appear telling everyone to smash their goals, believe in themselves and go for it. Then for the rest of the week there'd be pics of her jogging or some such shite deflating how she was smashing her goals. Yep, you guessed it about 3 months later she declared she was quitting FB because she felt she was giving too much of herself to others.

Another utter penis I used to check was a guy who, about three times a week would post what he had done for charity or given to a homeless person, always starting the post with something about how he doesn't like to tell others of the giving he does but he hope she this will inspire people.
He got busted when he posted a load of messages from "people" telling him what an inspiration he was to others and how marvellous he was and what a good soul he was. He'd blanked out the senders names but some whizzkid busted him and proved they weee all sent to himself for the benefit of his FB page.

That site is full of utter tools.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Vaginas are intoxicating.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Facebook is a festering grief hole for insecure women. When I used FB there was a bird on there I always used to check because it was so cringeworthy I couldn't help but look. Every Monday a post would appear telling everyone to smash their goals, believe in themselves and go for it. Then for the rest of the week there'd be pics of her jogging or some such shite deflating how she was smashing her goals. Yep, you guessed it about 3 months later she declared she was quitting FB because she felt she was giving too much of herself to others.

Another utter penis I used to check was a guy who, about three times a week would post what he had done for charity or given to a homeless person, always starting the post with something about how he doesn't like to tell others of the giving he does but he hope she this will inspire people.
He got busted when he posted a load of messages from "people" telling him what an inspiration he was to others and how marvellous he was and what a good soul he was. He'd blanked out the senders names but some whizzkid busted him and proved they weee all sent to himself for the benefit of his FB page.

That site is full of utter tools.

The world is full of utter tools. You don't have to be friends with them all on Facebook though.

Last edited:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
FB is now two things : a support network and a vanity exercise.

It's full of people either seeking sympathy or seeking praise for looks, fitness, pets, holidays, cute kids etc..

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
The world is full of utter tools. You don't have to be friends with them all on Facebook though.

One was someone that I worked with on a project and just friended the other a friend of a friend. But you misunderstand me, I enjoyed reading them, it was fascinating and cringey and thoroughly entertaining. I haven't looked at FB for about two years now though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here