Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Could Gary Goals be the answer to our striker problem?

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Very impressive CV, does all the types of goals and he's played against someone who is related to a current Premier League player so he's got the necessary experience too.

goals.jpg

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I think he could, yes. He ticks all the boxeses.

Gary up top and Billy the Fish between the stick's and whell surely be unbeatable!

D

Deleted member 2719

4 questions.
Can he score goals from within our half of the pitch?
If so would he be prepared to drop deeper for the rest of match?
Has he ever caught a ball?
Can he reach the cross bar?

He sounds great otherwise.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I actually thought he played really well against Wayne Rooney's cousin showing he's as good as the best.

Good shout. Sign him up!

When I saw this post, it really lifted my spirits after the Dwemena shenanigans. This player would have been ideal for us. A goal a game (in any league) is not to be sniffed at.

However, you and the OP have been sadly fooled. He has played against Wanye Rooney's cousin NOT Wayne Rooney's cousin. For that reason, I very much doubt he is Premier League class (despite having the ability to score bicycle kick goals).

Sorry to ruin the thread, but this will never happen, we can do better.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
4 questions.
Can he score goals from within our half of the pitch?
If so would he be prepared to drop deeper for the rest of match?
Has he ever caught a ball?
Can he reach the cross bar?

I think you'll find that GG quite clearly answers all 4 of your questions in the footnote to his CV: "PLEASE TO NOTE I WILL NOT PLAY AT THE BACK OR GO IN GOALS OR DO ROLLING SUB"

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I think you'll find that GG quite clearly answers all 4 of your questions in the footnote to his CV: "PLEASE TO NOTE I WILL NOT PLAY AT THE BACK OR GO IN GOALS OR DO ROLLING SUB"

That's him buggered on 5/7 a side then.

Edit: I recall 5 and 6 a side, never remember 7 a side?

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I wonder if there is a way of getting the lad's mobile number and actually giving him a call to confirm that he is in talks with the club? Someone must be able to look him up somewhere as I suspect there can't be more than a few dozen 'Gary Goals' in the phone book?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Doesn't say he's had a medical - this ones doomed I'm afraid.

Assuming the player does pass his medical, and that personal terms are agreed, then he's going to need a chant. Lucky for us, the old OGH chants are available for selection.

Altogether now...

Oh Gary Goals
Gary Gary Gary Goals :albion:

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
image.jpeg

Maybe this bloke's available? ��

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
This is no time for such flippancy. We're in crisis. We're all doomed, I tell you. We're all doomed.

D

Deleted member 2719

Ok, I've gone off this promising talent because he has hidden this in the small print.
I would need to see video proof of him in goal and any dental records to show his current state of health also.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Allegedly Mr.Winstanley contacted the lad yesterday but he was too late, Mr. Goals had just passed a medical at Huddersfield and signed for an undisclosed fee. :shrug:

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Wanye? Is that Rooney's rapping alter ego?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here