Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Announcing signings before they are complete.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Not in this division they won't, can't.

We is now global news, t'is a shame the recruitment is still Southern League.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I thought that the club already did that but you cannot stop an agent leaking the info. We could of course tell the selling club that if it became public knowledge we would pull out of the deal but quite often demand exceeds supply.

Both Izquierdo and Dwanmena came from sources other than BHA

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Paul Barber said earlier, it's not the way we like to do business. The other clubs/agents who let the cat out of the bag.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Because we haven't bought a £75m striker we are doing it wrong I guess :facepalm:

So you think we are doing it so right? Reality we can't compete at this level financially, and in my opinion and I hope I'm proved wrong we have spent a lot of money on average players. :shrug:

We couldn't afford a £75M strikers wages, I rest my case.

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
Our clubs had it's hand forced each time with Dwanmena, Izquierdo and Neto. Unfortunately there's not much that can be done about it. Having stuff like that leaked it part and parcel of being a Premiership club.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
And people on here don't help when they bleat on about the lack of activity and jump on every rumour. let the club do it's business and, whilst they may buy the off 'dud', most of the signings in the last couple of years have turned out pretty good.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I'm really struggling to see how our stringent recruitment process picking up on the fact that two players we wanted to sign have problems, is a bad thing. A few years ago we wouldn't have picked up on it, would have signed them, and everyone would have berated the club for another expensive failure.

It's because we are such a professional outfit these days that we are picking up on these things, and not making the mistakes of the past.

Somebody please tell me where the negative is in that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I'm really struggling to see how our stringent recruitment process picking up on the fact that two players we wanted to sign have problems, is a bad thing. A few years ago we wouldn't have picked up on it, would have signed them, and everyone would have berated the club for another expensive failure.

It's because we are such a professional outfit these days that we are picking up on these things, and not making the mistakes of the past.

Is the right answer

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Not in this division they won't, can't.

We is now global news, t'is a shame the recruitment is still Southern League.

Ridiculous. Maybe time to take a break from NSC for a bit?

If our recruitment was truly as you say, we would not have just had two of the most successful seasons this club has ever known.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Ridiculous. Maybe time to take a break from NSC for a bit?

If our recruitment was truly as you say, we would not have just had two of the most successful seasons this club has ever known.

Or maybe, like Chailey, you take a moment and wonder if I'm serious when likening the recruitment team to that of the pre WWI days.

(Although that team did win the Charity shield!)

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012

I was going to ask, tongue in cheek, whether our medicals are now too stringent........

........ which of course they are not. We are doing things properly.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here