Thicky mcthick here again re points

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
So following the advice of the sages on this fine organ, I checked my points

196. Season ticket points

248. Membership points

So what does that give me...444 points?

Do I take it I have feck only chance of getting away tickets?

I am getting very old!!!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Ahaaaaaa....so tickets are based on 196 points then?

So what are membership points all about?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

They're the points you would have accrued if you were not a STH, or would have now if you let your ST go.

They are all but useless as if you were 'only' a member and not a STH, you'd have 23,000 people with more priority than you do.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

They are points for non STHs. If you give yours up, that's what you'll have.......if tickets for anything don't sell out to STHs then they'll go on sale to 'members' using similar principles....

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
The I'M ALRIGHT JACK post.
It was stated at the start of the season how certain fans would get first pick at the away tickets and once you are on the ladder we're climbing fast.
Suddenly I feel for certain fans, not too much, but enough. I did calculate my 260 pts had cost me roughly £10,000 over the years in home and away costs. And with a trip to Leicester & Watford done plus Barnet at home I can get the big games now.
But Arsenal means more points so I can get a West Ham ticket which will give me enough points for Man Utd which will give me enough for Spurs.
Those who are on 220 or so will never get on the ladder.
Thoughts.....

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
It was stated at the start of the season how certain fans would get first pick at the away tickets and once you are on the ladder we're climbing fast.
Suddenly I feel for certain fans, not too much, but enough. I did calculate my 260 pts had cost me roughly £10,000 over the years in home and away costs. And with a trip to Leicester & Watford done plus Barnet at home I can get the big games now.
But Arsenal means more points so I can get a West Ham ticket which will give me enough points for Man Utd which will give me enough for Spurs.
Thoughts.....

My thoughts are that there really isn't an issue. Most away games have 3,000 tickets available. They will easily be able to get a ticket for Huddersfield, Swansea, Newcastle, Stoke, etc. and the home cup games. Next season there will be far less demand (if we stay up).

Thoughts.....

They will get on the ladder. We have had a run of popular local games, some with less than 3000 seats.

Once Swansea, Stoke, West Brom, Newcastle, Burnley, Huddersfield come around, these games will go to general sale, so those on 220 will be in one of the earlier waves and be able to pick up tickets for these and a good bunch of loyalty points to boot as I suspect these fixtures will offer 15.

I do understand you point and if everyone of those currently in bracket one goes to all these fixtures too, then the man on 220 makes no progress. But they will not do them all and 220 man now could well find later in the season, if organised, they can grab tickets to the likes of Man City, Liverpool and some of the other prestige games.

I'm fotunate enough to have enough points to esily be in the first wave for Bournemouth, due to visiting the less attractive northern games over recent years. This gives me the luxury this year of avoiding games I don't want to do, some on them aforementioned and still be good to see the glory games.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Thoughts.....

Thoughts are that that is nonsense. Someone on 220 points at the beginning of the season needed only to go to Watford and Leicester away and Barnet at home to get to 255 points on the board next Tuesday. That's within 6 points of Tier 1 for the Arsenal game. A couple more lower profile away games or another cup game and they are in the top tier.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
But how many points mean prizes?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
They will get on the ladder. We have had a run of popular local games, some with less than 3000 seats.

Once Swansea, Stoke, West Brom, Newcastle, Burnley, Huddersfield come around, these games will go to general sale, so those on 220 will be in one of the earlier waves and be able to pick up tickets for these and a good bunch of loyalty points to boot as I suspect these fixtures will offer 15.

I can't imagine they will. I suspect earlier waves will have high points thresholds still to at least give those with higher points the first opportunity.

I think your broader point holds up though: there will be lower take up for the "non-glamour" games allowing those further down the pecking order the opportunity to buy and pick up points.

amexee

Jun 19, 2011
haywards heath
I am on 230, so 5 points outside the 2nd Arsenal cut-off and also outside the Bournemouth cut-off. Given that 3000 are going to have 5 or 10 more points before the West Ham tickets are sold, I presume I will be at least 10 points outside the cut-off when those tickets are on sale.

Manchester tickets will go on sale before Swansea points added, so with points added for people going to West Ham and Manchester, I think it unlikely that there will be a chance for Tottenham or Chelsea tickets.

5 more points and I would have a good chance of all of those examples. My own fault for not going to one league cup match last year. I think that illustrates that there is a shutout, for those close but not close enough. If I miss all the popular games and get the others I will probably remain in a similar position points wise as I am in currently. That is probably true for everyone in the 3rd tier.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Thoughts.....

Wrong, I was on 200 at the start of the season, i went to many away games last season last minute or POTG and as such didnt get points, I quickly realised this wouldnt be the case this season, I have managed to go from 200 to 235 after the watford game, I picked up watford tickets yesterday and went to Barnet purely for the points, if you try hard enough you can climb, now i have 235 points im in the second wave for Arsenal.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Thoughts.....

Firstly, I am alright sitting on 311 points. My thoughts on your comments are that you shouldn't wait till the promised land before investing time and money in supporting your team. Yes there will be a very small minority whose circumstances wouldn't allow them to travel and support but I suspect the majority of those complaining could have made more of an effort. There will be some that can climb the ladder a little but they will have to travel to the long distance unpopular venues to have a chance and I suspect there will be many that won't want to do that. As for those that went the POTG route, we known ever since there's been loyalty points that you would miss out.

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
I am 8 points short of being in top tier, so will have to sweat a bit on getting an Arsenal ticket. However, not moaning as I only went to Fulham and Burton as away fixtures last season.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Erm the point above made me think about FA Cup tickets. STH Still get first dibs on their seat for home fa cup games don't they?

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
Thoughts.....

Strong getting stronger, weak getting weaker...bit unfair really.

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
Strong getting stronger, weak getting weaker...bit unfair really.

It's a metaphor for modern British society really. A bit like people owning houses with massively inflated values and leaving them to their undeserving kids, while the kids of those stuck in the rented sector never get on the housing ladder however hard they work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here