Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Spa Grand Prix

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
Just waiting for my taxi to the bus station to get the coach to the Belgium Grand Prix. First time at a GP for me so ridiculously excited!

Any fellow Albion fans going?

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
Ear defenders are a must. Also something to stop your chin hitting the floor when you see and hear the cars for the first time. I'm still astonished by the speed at which they can corner and brake / accelerate up to speed again. I haven't heard the new generation of allegedly "quieter" cars though to be fair. Enjoy.

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing
Went to Spa in the seventies before marriage put a stop to that sort of thing. Fabulous place. Sat watching them come down the hill at Eau Rouge. I think the layout has changed a bit now. Have a great time.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
A fantastic Grand Prix to choose, one of my top 3 tracks. I went to Silverstone about 4/5 years ago when several tyres blew up, and the race experience was incredible.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Still the one and only Grand Prix I've been to. We saw Schumacher's first win 25 years ago.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Not the circuit it was, shorter, slower and not as exciting.

Would have loved to seen a race on the old version, Jackie Stewart used to think the Masta 'kink' was the hardest corner in Grand Prix racing to take properly.

Bloody fast as well!

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Have a great time .

Brian Parsons

May 16, 2013
Bicester, Oxfordshire.
Just a heads up about the portaloo's, on Friday lovely sweet smelling but due to access problems for servicing trucks, come Sunday morning they can be no go areas. Also try a Duval beer, you won't regret it.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Love this Grand Prix, the OP should have a fabulous time.

Come on Lewis!

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Great old track,but too dangerous for MotoGP now,unfortunately.It was the fastest bike track in the '70s,lap record was nearly 130mph.Went there on a combined GP,Military history visit-Battle of the Bulge fought around Malmedy/Bastogne.Still remember Phil Read's MV Agusta echoing round the forest.:)

Ian Bairds Fist

Nov 26, 2003
Kingston-upon-Thames
Just waiting for my taxi to the bus station to get the coach to the Belgium Grand Prix. First time at a GP for me so ridiculously excited!

Any fellow Albion fans going?

Heading there tomorrow and will be watching from Eau Rouge. Get in there as soon as the gates open to get a decent spot and take a few beers as prices inside are ridiculous.

Quick track, some cars are faster than Rod Thomas I'd heard?!

Seagulls!!

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
lh.jpg

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Not into F1 but have read that LH is favourite as this is a very fast track.

Do you really feel you need to add to every thread? You've added nothing but your post count.

There's every possibility of the Ferraris being quick here, and rain can always throw a few surprises. I don't expect Lewis to have an easy weekend at all.

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
Thanks for all of the tips everyone. In the hotel enjoying a Chimay Blonde and planning where to try to watch the a action. Thinking of the Kemmel Straight or Bus Stop chicane.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here