Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion NEWS : Baker Leaves Albion

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
brightonandhovealbion.com/news/2017/august/baker-leaves-albion/
OMG what are we going to have our burgers in?

Not a sexist joke, just a joke.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Blimey, Emma Byrne left the club earlier this month - is there something in the water that's driving away goalies. Stockdale was merely the first ...

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011
Not just the goalies as Charley Boswell left in the past week too - wonder if this is Hope Powell stamping her authority on the squad ahead of the WSL season start?

They better get some goalies and other players in quick mind, as according to their official WSL site they only have 10 and that includes Baker and Boswell and leaves us with no goalies altogether...

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Not just the goalies as Charley Boswell left in the past week too - wonder if this is Hope Powell stamping her authority on the squad ahead of the WSL season start?

They better get some goalies and other players in quick mind, as according to their official WSL site they only have 10 and that includes Baker and Boswell and leaves us with no goalies altogether...

I might buy that if she'd started yet.

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011
Starts mid-September, I'm told. Has to serve her notice period first.

She wasn't there at the players' open day recently. Training was taken by Amy Merricks.

Ah that makes sense - just hadn't seen that mentioned in the articles I'd read about her being appointed.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I posted about this yesterday. Apparently needed to improve squad for new season ?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I might buy that if she'd started yet.

Starts mid-September, I'm told. Has to serve her notice period first.

She wasn't there at the players' open day recently. Training was taken by Amy Merricks.

I be amazed if HP wasn't making and involved in all decisions effecting the team since her appointment, irrespective of notice periods.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here