Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

qualified (or vaguely proficient) referee needed for friendly game

Oct 25, 2003
Hi, I need the services of a qualified/vaguely confident referee for a friendly match THIS SATURDAY- 11am kick off at Stanmer Park

we'll pay obviously

PM if interested

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
image.jpg

:whistle: Sorry

Coalburner

May 22, 2017
Hope you find somebody. Potential word of caution. A few years ago, a very good friend of mine, a qualified referee was asked to officiate in a friendly between two "unauthorised" teams. He agreed and donned his full referee regalia. Some jobsworth took exception to this and reported him to the FA. He was stripped of his qualification. So, if you find someone qualified, I suggest you make him wear "civvies". It's a sad world

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Hope you find somebody. Potential word of caution. A few years ago, a very good friend of mine, a qualified referee was asked to officiate in a friendly between two "unauthorised" teams. He agreed and donned his full referee regalia. Some jobsworth took exception to this and reported him to the FA. He was stripped of his qualification. So, if you find someone qualified, I suggest you make him wear "civvies". It's a sad world

That is down to the fact that the county FA have no control over what they class as non sanctioned games. This becomes more prevalent in 5 aside tournaments and charity matches that havent applied through the correct channels for sanction and authority to play the games. The FA rules are quite clear that authorised officials or players are not permitted to take part in non authorised games which also uses non authorised persons. The two shall not mix

Oct 25, 2003
That is down to the fact that the county FA have no control over what they class as non sanctioned games. This becomes more prevalent in 5 aside tournaments and charity matches that havent applied through the correct channels for sanction and authority to play the games. The FA rules are quite clear that authorised officials or players are not permitted to take part in non authorised games which also uses non authorised persons. The two shall not mix

this could be why we're struggling to find someone- we've contacted the referees secretary of our league but he hasn't had any joy yet

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here