Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cladding at the Amex?

TheDuke

Oct 28, 2011
Arundel
Felt sure I read it somewhere that our Amex cladding was made by the same company as supplied the Grenfell Tower. Sorry if fixtures but has there been any news about the outcome of any enquiry?

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
We have been told that the Amex does not have the same cladding as was on the Grenfell Tower.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I think one of our resident Palace GOONS made a flippant comment on here along those lines, but I've not seen anything 'official' that would suggest that.

A big difference is that the fire service can easily reach the upper levels of the stadium with their ladders and hoses. With Grenfell, they couldn't get anywhere near high enough.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Not sure how relevant the fact that ladders can reach the upper levels from the outside if they are burning with molten plastic dripping all over people. I would hope that the reason for it being ok is that the smoke and flame would not get into the stand and allow people to evacuate via the stairs and onto the pitch.

Any chance you could embelish on this rather than just posting a link, as usual.

photo.jpg

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Any chance you could embelish on this rather than just posting a link, as usual.

In the context of the two quotes, we used the same firm, but the cladding isn't the same. Martin Perry said it was safe, but we had it checked anyway. The link to the article makes it clear.

Foul Play Rocks

Feb 23, 2013
I think one of our resident Palace GOONS made a flippant comment on here along those lines, but I've not seen anything 'official' that would suggest that.

A big difference is that the fire service can easily reach the upper levels of the stadium with their ladders and hoses. With Grenfell, they couldn't get anywhere near high enough.

There is also a sprinkler system at the Amex too.

el punal

Fear not good people. With 4,000 die hard Albion fans in the West Upper, and with the vast majority able to down copious amounts of all sorts of beers we will have our own standing fire brigade. No need to use the bogs to get rid of that amount of liquid, just aim and let nature take it's course, flames gone, fire's out, a piece of piss really. The fire brigade will take a week to damp it all down though. :drink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here