Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Team for Watford?

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
Apologies if I've missed this thread somewhere else...

GK- Ryan

RB- Bruno
CB- Dunk
CB- Duffy
LB- Suttner

LM- March
CM- Stephens
CM- Propper
RM- Knockert
AM- Gross

ST- Murray

Subs:
Maaenpa
Rosenior
Humenier
Sidwell
Murphy
Esquizerdo
Dweamena/Tilley (not sure if the Ghanaian chap has IC yet?)

Question marks for me were the wingers and a decision between Stephens or Sidwell (if fit). Personally I'd drop Stephens but I'm a knee jerker and i think Houghton has shown previously that he gives players a chance, so i think he'll not be making wholesale changes. I think those with question marks over them from the first few games (Ryan, Suttner, Gross, Propper) will be given a bit more time by the gaffer. Dropping them after 2 tough games would do them no good at all and cost us long-term i suspect.

I don't think he'll start the new Colombian straight away, away from home, however i think Knockert will get the nod now he's proved his fitness.

If Sidwell isn't fit i think Ince might also get a place on the bench after his stand out performance in the cup. I'd also like to see Tilley get a seat on the bench, but can't work out who to leave out.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
I reckon this:

Ryan
Bruno -- Dunk -- Duffy -- Suttner
Knockeart -- Stephens -- Propper --- Izzy
---------------Gross
---------------Murray

Izzy has been in training all week, we need his speed to open up some space and apply pressure to Watfords backline.

For West Brom I think Brown will come in for Gross as no10 behind our new pacey striker, but that's for another day.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
If fit, Sidwell should start with Stephens with Gross at number 10 imo. Gross was pretty terrible against Leicester but give him another chance, Izquierdo will be on bench and will probably get 20 mins maximum. March and Knockaert on the wings and the same back 5.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Need to get that central midfield triangle/pairing working so that the defence is adequately protected without our wingers having to stay camped in our own half, and we can more quickly counter using the wide men. Think in Stephens, Propper and Gross we have 3 quality players in there but it's not looked too cohesive so far. Hopefully playing against a much more "on our level" opponent than City and Leicester will help.

HCxUK

Apr 18, 2014
Ryan

Bruno
Duffy
Dunk
Rosenior

Knockaert
Stephens
Pröpper
March

Izquierdo
Murray

Back to 4-4-2 please. We have to look to counter attack Watford and attack down the wings instead of down the middle with Groß, which hasn't worked so far.

Would also look to start Rosenior over Suttner for some stability. Far too early to write him off but every goal we've conceded from open play this season has come down our left..

Foul Play Rocks

Feb 23, 2013
Ryan

Bruno
Duffy
Dunk
Rosenior

Knockaert
Stephens
Pröpper
March

Izquierdo
Murray

Back to 4-4-2 please. We have to look to counter attack Watford and attack down the wings instead of down the middle with Groß, which hasn't worked so far.

Would also look to start Rosenior over Suttner for some stability. Far too early to write him off but every goal we've conceded from open play this season has come down our left..

I would agree with this but not sure how match fit Izquierdo is.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
I reckon this:

Ryan
Bruno -- Dunk -- Duffy -- Suttner
Knockeart -- Stephens -- Propper --- Izzy
---------------Gross
---------------Murray

Izzy has been in training all week, we need his speed to open up some space and apply pressure to Watfords backline.

For West Brom I think Brown will come in for Gross as no10 behind our new pacey striker, but that's for another day.

Can we put an immediate ban on calling our colombian Izzy please.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Apologies if I've missed this thread somewhere else...

GK- Ryan

RB- Bruno
CB- Dunk
CB- Duffy
LB- Suttner

LM- March
CM- Stephens
CM- Propper
RM- Knockert
AM- Gross

ST- Murray

Subs:
Maaenpa
Rosenior
Humenier
Sidwell
Murphy
Esquizerdo
Dweamena/Tilley (not sure if the Ghanaian chap has IC yet?)

Question marks for me were the wingers and a decision between Stephens or Sidwell (if fit). Personally I'd drop Stephens but I'm a knee jerker and i think Houghton has shown previously that he gives players a chance, so i think he'll not be making wholesale changes. I think those with question marks over them from the first few games (Ryan, Suttner, Gross, Propper) will be given a bit more time by the gaffer. Dropping them after 2 tough games would do them no good at all and cost us long-term i suspect.

I don't think he'll start the new Colombian straight away, away from home, however i think Knockert will get the nod now he's proved his fitness.

If Sidwell isn't fit i think Ince might also get a place on the bench after his stand out performance in the cup. I'd also like to see Tilley get a seat on the bench, but can't work out who to leave out.

Its already been said that Raphael won't play until after the international break.

Jose will start in my opinion.

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
GK: Ryan but wouldn't be mind NM
RB: Bruno
CB: Dunk
CB: Duff
LB: Rosenior
CM: Stephens
CM: Sidwell
CM: Propper or Gross
Attacking wingers who stay forward: AK and March
F: Murray

Rosenior and Sidwell to come in for Passion, experience and power. Watford are a strong side. The key with this formation is that AK and March are very attacking swapping wings. It also stops Gross playing in this 10 role right now. It might work when we get more pace upfront through our new signings but he needs others to have pace around him for this to work. He hasn't got the pace, power or skill to beat an opponent to play in this position with those around him so he just runs around, sits deep and isn't a threat. Note: I am not 'moaning' or writing him off (he could be one of the three CM's listed above) but we need some bloody impetus and belief in our next game. All theee CMs could support the forwards too. Let's just go for it Albion!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Ryan

Bruno
Duffy
Dunk
Suttner

Knockaert
Groß
Pröpper