Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

David Stockdale's Two O.G. Towel: What To Do With It?

Varndean VI Form College

Jul 29, 2011
Hove
Dear Fellow Worshippers Of The Blue And White Stripes,

Last April I ventured East to watch our (mostly still hungover) team suffer a 2-0 reverse against Norwich 'thanks' to a brace of own goals by David Stockdale. Unable to secure a ticket in the Albion section, I sat directly behind the goal at which our, until then, heroic keeper scored Norwich's two goals from (infamously) their only two shots on target - both in the first half.

Perhaps intentionally, or maybe just forgetfully, Stockdale returned to the dressing room without his towel and tucked into the net it remained for the rest of the match. At the end of the match a kind Norwich City steward passed me the aforementioned towel (see photo) and I'm not sure what to do with it. I'm aware that we haven't won a competitive league match since and I don't believe in curses but I'm open to suggestions...

VVIFC

Attachments

• IMG_0549.JPG
    IMG_0549.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 1,331
Last edited:

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Return the towel to the Albion and present yourself at the local police station and hand yourself in for theft.
It is not finders keepers

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Hmmm.

Ordinarily, I'd say that it's a great souvenir from a key player in a promotion winning season, so it should be framed and hung in an appropriately prominent position. However, the player left the club before you honoured his talisman. This is the cause of us not having won a league game since. Burn it. Burn it now. If that doesn't stop the nonsense, I fear that you'll have to sacrifice yourself for the greater good.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
The only way to exorcise this curse is by wearing the towel to the next game. And just the towel.

If you love the Albion, then you will do this. The towel needs to know it is loved and respected.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
you could always retire "the sock" now for something that takes a bigger load. :whistle:

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
You could put it on twitter on the very slim chance that Stockdale will re-tweet it. He hardly ever uses titter so it may be a waste of time.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
So this is why Stockdale didn't want to stay, someonr nicked his favourite towel.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Kill it with fire.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Get rid of it for Christ's sake man! Post a picture of it on fire, if we win on Saturday think of the beers coming your way..

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here