Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Central Midfield

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Everyone seems to be going after their particular scapegoat since we kicked off, but what has been of most concern to me is the centre of our midfield, compounded by our 2nd string last night.

I've had the chance to check some previous full matches of Propper at PSV as well as Delaney at Werder/Copenhagen. Renato Neto was more difficult to source but it would appear to me at least that both him and Delaney are very similar midfielders, in the Stephens/Sidwell mould; physical, combative, target for set pieces. Whereas Propper looks a completely different kind of midfielder; creative, forward runs, link-up play etc.

I was under the impression we had a multi-target approach of 5 players in the same mould, so why does the midfielder we purchased appear to be so different than the (confirmed) previously linked?

Not a bitch about Propper. On the basis of what I have now seen, he looks like the most talented and exciting of the three, but it is definitely at odds with our previous targets.

The fact that Sidwell is prone to the odd knock and pulling Gross back into CM is less of an option now that Izzy is out, could we potentially go for a midfielder on loan if Kayal will miss most of the matches until January anyway?

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Watford have a midfield in form

Doucoure Chalobah Cleverley

vs

Stephens Groß Pröpper

All six players are right footed.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Watford have a midfield in form

Doucoure Chalobah Cleverley

vs

Stephens Groß Pröpper

All six players are right footed.

To be honest looking at that I think I prefer our midfield, our problem is not the players they just need to get a bit of confidence and believe they can play at prem level. This is where we need Stephens to take a grip and be a leader and show why he was worth his new contract. If someone leads the rest will follow.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
This will no doubt be a little controversial but I'd like to see Ince start in a 4-1-4-1 formation as a DM. He looked good yesterday.

I'm looking for a draw at the weekend given Watford's start. Two from Groß, Stephens and Propper would make up the midfield 4 with March and Knocky on the wings and the Columbian waiting for a super sub appearance.

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
This will no doubt be a little controversial but I'd like to see Ince start in a 4-1-4-1 formation as a DM. He looked good yesterday.

I'm looking for a draw at the weekend given Watford's start. Two from Groß, Stephens and Propper would make up the midfield 4 with March and Knocky on the wings and the Columbian waiting for a super sub appearance.

I'm sorry but Rohan Ince in the Premier League?? He may have done well against a League Two team and surrounded by poor team mates but he is a League One player. Rohan has all the physical attributes to be a decent player but can't think fast enough and has little vision.

If we were going to do anything I would rather have a central midfield three of Gross, Stephens and Propper with March and AK out wide with either Hemed or Murray through the middle.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
To be honest looking at that I think I prefer our midfield, our problem is not the players they just need to get a bit of confidence and believe they can play at prem level. This is where we need Stephens to take a grip and be a leader and show why he was worth his new contract. If someone leads the rest will follow.

Their midfield looks good to me. According ot them, Doucoure, is the boss.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Although their midfield will be relishing playing always going forward, without having to give a second thought to helping out the defenders.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I'm sorry but Rohan Ince in the Premier League?? He may have done ok against a League Two team and surrounded by poor team mates but he is a League One player. Rohan has all the physical attributes to be a decent player but can't think fast enough and has little vision.

If we were going to do anything I would rather have a central midfield three of Gross, Stephens and Propper with March and AK out wide with either Hemed or Murray through the middle.

Adjusted it for you. He would offer nothing more than Propper and Stephens can if they pull their fingers out and dont linger on the ball. If we had to use somebody from last night it would be Molumby, I would hope.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
We need a 6 month loan of a defensive midfielder until Kayal is back fit. Someone like a Fabian Delph or (if he can stay fit) a Jack Wilshere.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here