Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We've come a long long way together.....

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
I love the fact we play this at the end of games. It's very apt and we should never forget, and celebrate, just how far we have come.

I don't know if the club are forgetting because this has sometimes been overlooked now or, as last night, they play a manic, fast, version. I'm all for adding a little extra pace into the team but this has turned a meaningful song, where the words are so apt, into some sort of poor rave and an awful noise. It's enough to make people want to leave early!

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
Unbelievable we are here. Be grateful and enjoy. Yes a lot has been forgotten but the club is in a completely different place now. Blooms vision is of 'a Dynasty' and you don't get that kind of ethos for a club very often, especially from a savvy money source that is also a die-hard local fan. We've come a long way, to a long way. #KTF
:albion2:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

KVLT

Sep 15, 2008
Rutland
Given the attitude displayed by many of our so-called fans towards the team of late may I suggest we bin it and replace it with.....

Bobby's Gull

DAFT Bint
Jul 6, 2003
Bed
There wasn't much to rave about from last night.

But for a minute it was just nice to sit there & take it all in.

I might be wrong but I seriously think that Brighton probably only have a hardcore support of 10,000; those that would probably fight the same battles again etc.

You're going to get moaners as people are fickle & might have expectations that we were going to be another Leicester etc.

We have indeed come a long way together. And again the club is changing & moving on.

Change can be a good thing. Sure the club have overlooked a few things & got some things wrong.

However, football has changed & is 110% about money these days.

As much as I love where the club is now, there will be always be a small part of me that misses those away days at Southend, Oldham or seeing someone in a Brighton shirt when we were crap & giving them a smile. But then maybe I'm looking back with rose tinted glasses.

Last edited:

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
I might be wrong but I seriously think that Brighton probably only have a hardcore support of 10,000; those that would probably fight the same battles again etc.

I reckon if i tried to do 1% of the stuff i got involved in concerning the football club between 95-97 now i would be in some dark and dingy cell somewhere in deepest yorkshire eating hovis for 20 years .

pitchprotest1.jpg

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
There wasn't much to rave about from last night.

But for a minute it was just nice to sit there & take it all in.

You're going to get moaners as people are fickle & might have expectations that we were going to be another Leicester etc.

We have indeed come a long way together. And again the club is changing & moving on.

Change can be a good thing. Sure the club have overlooked a few things & got some things wrong.

However, football has changed & is 110% about money these days.

As much as I love where the club is now, there will be always be a small part of me that misses those away days at Southend, Oldham or seeing someone in a Brighton shirt when we were crap & giving them a smile. But then maybe I'm looking back with rose tinted glasses.
Our hard core is a lot less than that as the war years showed. And we're one of the very very few clubs that can say what number it is because hardly any other clubs have 'stress tested' their support like we have.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Our hard core is a lot less than that as the war years showed. And we're one of the very very few clubs that can say what number it is because hardly any other clubs have 'stress tested' their support like we have.
It would be wonderful for a few teams to suffer like we did. Pompey are getting their dues but unfortunately seem to be on the rise, palace have never received the large dose of karma that should be theirs and Leicester and their 'miracle' team must surely be in contention.

It would be fascinating to watch the palace gates crumble as they can't even attract sellouts when they are doing well in the championship.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I reckon if i tried to do 1% of the stuff i got involved in concerning the football club between 95-97 now i would be in some dark and dingy cell somewhere in deepest yorkshire eating hovis for 20 years .

View attachment 88470

On the pitch protest if we still have nil points and nil goals after West Brom? :wink:

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Starting with Dick Knight.
(Who, unbelievably, was omitted from that Premier League history of the Albion's struggles, in favour of endless footage of a 'North Stand Wizard' of whom few had ever heard.

But who, as mentioned before, was heavily featured in another season preview article that DIDN'T feature Bloom, Barber, etc.

Does anyone know WHY DK wasn't in that PL programme? There could be a whole host of reasons, beyond him being 'airbrushed' from the club's history...

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I had it as my walk out , oops our, walk out song at the end of our wedding.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here