Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jamie Murphy

philgull25

Jul 29, 2005
Polegate
Always thought he was out of his depth in the championship.

Now he's starting in the premiership im a little baffled.

I know his stats and match ratings always seem to be decent but I never see it myself.

Does anyone see something in him that I'm missing?

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patreon
Oct 17, 2008
Works hard, around 6'0" so helps out at set pieces at the back. Not the quickest but tracks back defensively. Best played as an inside forward so he can cut inside, as he is right footed but invariably plays on the left wing in a 4-4-2. Solid squad player, only in his mid 20's I think - nice option to have, just perhaps not a match winner on his own at the top level of the game

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Not me, just join the slag our players off company
only a couple more left and we'd have done the full squad.

Once again:-

We really are shite supporters.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Works hard, around 6'0" so helps out at set pieces at the back. Not the quickest but tracks back defensively. Best played as an inside forward so he can cut inside, as he is right footed but invariably plays on the left wing in a 4-4-2. Solid squad player, only in his mid 20's I think - nice option to have, just perhaps not a match winner on his own at the top level of the game

Not sure this type of sensible well balanced response is warranted at the moment..
Can you try to add in some unnecessary negativity please?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

I know his stats and match ratings always seem to be decent but I never see it myself.

[B]Does anyone see something in him [/B]?

Line four is answered by what is happening in line two...i'll let you figure out the rest

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015

His Manager, who sees him in training every day ?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

A couple of media outlets I read over the weekend had him as our best player at Leicester. I thought he looked okay when he came on against City. Perhaps you need to reset your preconceptions?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
#Together when we're winning,
We're only #together when we're winning,
#Together when we're winning,
We're only #together when we're winning...

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
I think Murphy is a better player than he believes he is. He doesn't seem to have the confidence to try and beat the defender and so too often doubles back and the momentum is lost. I do think he's got it in him if he just believed in himself but until he does that he constantly disappoints for me.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado

Twelve years of scant posts sums you up :moo:

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I like Murphy and his consistent contributions to Albion's success since we signed him. He's a also a key part of our work without the ball.

The writer for the Independent who was there on Saturday rated him our joint best player with Dunk. Just an opinion, but interesting to get that of an experienced outsider.

philgull25

Jul 29, 2005
Polegate

Interesting thoughts. But all our other wide midfielders offer so much more going forward that do make them potential match winners. Even lua lua.

Maybe if we asked our full backs to be a bit more disciplined we could play with a someone in his position like lua lua with less defensive responsibility?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here