Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Driving to Watford

amexee

Jun 19, 2011
haywards heath
What do people think is the best route from sussex.

AA say leave m25 at junction 19
Watford FC say leave at junction 18
Google maps say leave at junction 17

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Not sure which way we just followed the signs but when you get near the ground parking is awful so park in the hospital.just a couple of minutes walk to the ground. A lot of people park in the town centre multi story car park which is about 10 mins walk to the ground. The worst things is the delay in getting away from Watford

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
Off at junction 7 and then head north across town is the most direct route to Watford.
Parking is a nightmare. I use one of the town centre car parks and walk to the ground.

One of these sentences is a tad tongue in cheek ... by the way.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Not sure which way we just followed the signs but when you get near the ground parking is awful so park in the hospital.just a couple of minutes walk to the ground. A lot of people park in the town centre multi story car park which is about 10 mins walk to the ground. The worst things is the delay in getting away from Watford
Really?

https://www.careopinion.org.uk/opinions/279104

M25 can be a right pain on a Saturday Evening.

Take M4 west and take the M5 south just after Bristol. At Exeter take the A30 and A31 East, eventually picking up the M27/A27.

As it will now nearly be midnight, the roundabouts at Chichester should be clear.

Take care whilst drivng in Devon at dusk, especially when crossing the river Axe. I understand it can get very Choppy.

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
M25 can be a right pain on a Saturday Evening.

Take M4 west and take the M5 south just after Bristol. At Exeter take the A30 and A31 East, eventually picking up the M27/A27.

As it will now nearly be midnight, the roundabouts at Chichester should be clear.

Take care whilst drivng in Devon at dusk, especially when crossing the river Axe. I understand it can get very Choppy.

:lol:

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free

It's possible that I am mis-reading this, but just to clarify are you actually saying that you choose to park in the hospital for your convenience when going to the football, thus using a space that genuine hospital patients or visitors will need?

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
It's possible that I am mis-reading this, but just to clarify are you actually saying that you choose to park in the hospital for your convenience when going to the football, thus using a space that genuine hospital patients or visitors will need?
Yes, yes he is. But it is OK because others did it as well. Some people's selfishness really does take my breath away.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
What do people think is the best route from sussex.

AA say leave m25 at junction 19
Watford FC say leave at junction 18
Google maps say leave at junction 17

If you want to avoid J 17/18
Exit onto M40 for London.
Then come off at the Denham turn off, follow signs for A40 Amersham.
Then T/R A412 for Watford.
There are several routes you can take from there to Watford, via the back roads through either Harefield or Rickmansworth.
The roads aren't that bad.

Hope this helps :thumbsup:

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton

You think its ok to use a Hospital parking space to go and watch a football match???

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

There was ample parking for ftootball fans and still loads left for visitors to the hospital as most matches coincided with visiting times. I just followed a couple of cars of Watford fans to see where they parked.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Screenshot_20170821-204444.png
Or

http://intu.co.uk/watford/centre-information/parking#Anchor_tariff

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Don't even think about parking in the girls school 5 mins from the ground, not until I've got my space anyway.

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
There was ample parking for ftootball fans and still loads left for visitors to the hospital as most matches coincided with visiting times. I just followed a couple of cars of Watford fans to see where they parked.

And they weren't right either. I've never been to a London hospital that didn't have a parking problem, so that was a bad move.

I hope no-one else does this.

Jul 7, 2003
You think its ok to use a Hospital parking space to go and watch a football match???

FFS - don't pick an argument for the sake of it without any knowledge of the facts.

This is one of the places where they used to recommend football fans to park. Same at Leicester when they were at Filbert Street. Both have plenty of parking available and they charge a premium for football parking which - I assume - all goes back into hospital funds.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
FFS - don't pick an argument for the sake of it without any knowledge of the facts.

This is one of the places where they used to recommend football fans to park. Same at Leicester when they were at Filbert Street. Both have plenty of parking available and they charge a premium for football parking which - I assume - all goes back into hospital funds.

Thanks for that as I was sure I wasnt doing anything wrong. I must admit that I didnt see any signs for or against parking there and just followed the flow. I do not remember ever paying to park but perhaps Watford FC or Elton John gave them money to allow this, I dont know, it was some years ago. At no time did the parking by fans stop anybody visiting the hospital from parking and going about their business. Perhaps since going into the Premier the situation has escalated hence the link given by Dick Swiveller, but then he always goes out of his way to have a pop at me. Many years ago you could also park by some allotments and was advised to do so.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here