Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

One question university survey on our use of screens

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Dear all,

I am looking at our use of electronic devices and I have created a simple one question survey that I am hoping you can spare two minutes to share your views:

Sorry that isn't a simple question to answer.

How do you think screens have shaped our society, our lives and you?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Pretty sure that this survey, or one remarkably similar to it, by the same OP, has already been dumped into 'The Other Stuff' ???

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Each time you have to write an essay on something, are you just going to post the title as a survey and then hand in whatever you get back?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

SeagullCrow

May 9, 2008
I've got to say, I'm with other posters on this one.

Have you talked to your dissertation supervisor about the design of this 'survey'? There are so many methodological flaws in it that you would run into trouble with the submission of any undergraduate dissertation on the basis of this approach. It would be worth looking at Byrman's (2012) Methods of Social Research (as a starting point) before attempting to float any further survey on this site.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
I must be getting old as I didn't understand the question. Do you mean the use of computers or the use of mobiles or watching TV or Amazon or ebay or what?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I must be getting old as I didn't understand the question. Do you mean the use of computers or the use of mobiles or watching TV or Amazon or ebay or what?
Come on, it's just a simple question. Write the pros and cons of the use of each device you've mentioned. Consider the affect on each age group, as well as each socio-economic group. Obviously use the Harvard style of referencing where applicable.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Always happy to help with these surveys.

I responded by saying that "screens have made society our lives and me personally far more rectangular".

If that doesn't answer the question then I honestly don't know how I am supposed to respond.

Ah. I understood the question on the survey itself quite differently. I responded "screens have helped maintain patient confidentiality in mixed gender wards in hospitals. So that's good."

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here