Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Glass half full or half empty?

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
Despite being champions 2 year ago I still feel Leicester are under rated, they are a very good team. Although not able to get a ticket for today watching the highlights we looked ok. And in all honesty I never expected anything from these opening 2 games. Personally my glass is half full all the new signings on show today have shown something apart from my opinion of Ryan is not yet clear. Am excited by the prospect of Izquiredo, him on the left and Knocky fully fit on the right I think can be very very good for us. Yes I would still like to see another striker added (prefer 1 with pace). Despite 2 losses I really think we can do ok. Where do we sit in the minds of NSC after these 2 games?

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
after reading a few other threads on here tonight I would like to point out this isn't a whinge am full of optimism just wasn't expecting much from 2 champions of the last 3 seasons. !!!

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
This and I'd be half full:

................................Ryan.............................

Bruno............Dunk.............Duffy.............Suttner

...................Kayal...........Propper.............

March......................................................Ezqueirdo

..........................................Murray/new signing
.......................Dwanema........................................

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Swap Sidwell in for Kayla and I'm totally with you [emoji106]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sidwell is turning 35 in a few months. I reckon Hughton is planning on using him for games when we need to hang on for 10 minutes. I doubt Sidwell will be a starter. Just a very handy sub for times when experience is required. Kayal seems our only tenacious midfielder who's still at a good age. Another position we need to strengthen in.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
we are not up to speed yet...particularly Gross & Propper , the pace of the game at this level is what can only be described as locomotive to frenetic , i remember watching stoke v liverpool going at each other at a ridiculous pace last season and thinking that either team playing at that pace would most likely tear us numerous new ones.........my glass is a little over half full , i hope we get 2 or 3 more quality signings , our lack of a true goalscoring threat at this level is hurting us and will continue to do so , not gonna bash Ryan but 2 quackers in 2 games ...??

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
I genuinely believe that the frustration people are showing on this board is not down to the fact that we have lost two out of two but rather the fact that we have looked so toothless in attack and nervous in possession. We've known that we were at least two strikers short for YONKS and it is frustrating that we still haven't been able to get the players in. I'm not saying Tony, Barber and Co aren't trying, or that it is easy, however it is still very frustrating!

I still can't believe Stoke have signed Jesé Rodriguez!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I don't even recognise the question. The last three games for the Albion have been like being the underdog team in a Champions League group FFS: Atletico Madrid, Man City, Leicester. Not been disgraced in any of them. Glass completely full.

Binney on acid

NSC Patron
Nov 30, 2003
Shoreham
Losing can become a habit. We got one point in 9 at the end of last season Without any pace up front, damage limitation week in and week out can drain the team of any confidence. We are light years behind even the most adject EPL sides. We cannot expect any new signings to bed in over night. I'm not convinced at the moment that there is a glass. I'm really sorry, but that's my opinion and I'm entitled to it. Playing at this level with championship strikers can only mean one thing.

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005
Losing can become a habit. We got one point in 9 at the end of last season Without any pace up front, damage limitation week in and week out can drain the team of any confidence. We are light years behind even the most adject EPL sides. We cannot expect any new signings to bed in over night. I'm not convinced at the moment that there is a glass. I'm really sorry, but that's my opinion and I'm entitled to it. Playing at this level with championship strikers can only mean one thing.

The problem is the negativity becomes like a mob mentality, poisons the atmosphere at games, spreads to the tean, and makes the football significantly less enjoyable for all. So others opinions does impact others. Losing I can live with, the constant moaning gets me down. This is the part I'm worried about this season, don't pay my for me season ticket to be depressed.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Half full because I think we'll avoid the drop in the end.

Half empty because it'll get worse before it gets better.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
The problem is the negativity becomes like a mob mentality, poisons the atmosphere at games, spreads to the tean, and makes the football significantly less enjoyable for all. So others opinions does impact others. Losing I can live with, the constant moaning gets me down. This is the part I'm worried about this season, don't pay my for me season ticket to be depressed.

So what your saying is your state of mind is influenced by other peoples positive or negative views, get a grip man. :shrug:

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Half full for the moment. Although poor yesterday, Suttner started well against City, Gross has started slowly but will get better. Propper got stronger as the game went on (though is similar to Stephens).

If we don't sign a forward though, I will quickly move to half empty, as these players have little to aim for when we have the ball.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I don't even recognise the question. The last three games for the Albion have been like being the underdog team in a Champions League group FFS: Atletico Madrid, Man City, Leicester. Not been disgraced in any of them. Glass completely full.

Hmm we have set up not to concede and when we have conceded we have just stayed on a damage limitation excercise in the first two games in the Premier League. As Shakespeare said It was a comfortable victory for Leicester yesterday and they could have stepped it up at any time if we'd been more competitive. Our complete lack of attacking intent was really frustrating and whilst I understand the thinking I also get why Norwich fans turned on CH.

Ryan's parrying of the ball is reminiscent of Wayne Henderson and a worry to me. The second goal ( I have only seen it live so I may be wrong) just looked like really shit goal keeping. I wonder if we have bought a pup here. Quite happy to give him the benefit of the doubt but he worries me in size and ability so far.

Gross was rubbish but has been OK in other games and is not a no 10. Propper I thought looked much better yesterday. Murray was useless, Murphy showed plenty of endeavour. Suttner improved after a dreadful skinning in the first minute.

We already look a bit shell shocked as a team which is a worry and we have absolutely no attacking threat.

Still glass Half full at the moment though. I am excited about José and what he will bring and I fully expect better than a Cardiff forward to be our main striker signing.

The team are way off the pace of a surprisingly pacey Premier League that closes us down all over the pitch and our passing game really suffers because of it. We will adjust I'm sure but I do expect to go in to the International break with "nil points" in true Eurovision style.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Empty - but that's because I drank too much last night to make MoTD an easier watch. In fact my head hurts a little. And for first time in ages I'm experiencing the never again hangover. Time to give alcohol a miss, ''tis the devil's own blood.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Were you there yesterday? The support from the Albion fans was immense and continued throughout the game.

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
It's fantastic.......... the worst that will happen is we will be relegated with funds to launch another attack, what on earth did anyone expect!

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
I can't wait for Vicarage Road, watching us settle into this difficult PL. Soon we'll have the new winger, hopefully a new striker combined with significant injury returns. A tough start, but a fascinating challenge.
Loving it.

water1.gif

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here