Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wish You All Non-Believers Will Just Go Away

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
C'mon guys get a grip it ain't the Somme or the Ardennes Forest shut up and get behind the team/club you bunch of moaning minnys.

I'm totally bored seeing the negatives .

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
And I'll add that I didn't really think that despite our lack of creativity, Leicester were all that today. At this level it's often about the fine margins and we let one goal in from a goalkeeping error and the other one from a sodding lino who couldn't spot an offside and instead signalled for a corner. We'll get there. Just need to be a bit more streetwise.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Losing in the Premier League is better than losing in the old Fourth Division.

At least e will still have a club next season.

Leegull

Apr 7, 2016
C'mon guys get a grip it ain't the Somme or the Ardennes Forest shut up and get behind the team/club you bunch of moaning minnys.

I agree, if for no other reason because you know that Andy Naylor is lapping all of it up and next week at some point we'll get one of his sanctimonious pieces in the Argus about fans expectations and how the hysterical reaction to defeat at Leicester has proven what an uneducated bunch of football fans we all are... I think he'll call it an "opinion piece"

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
I agree, if for no other reason because you know that Andy Naylor is lapping all of it up and next week at some point we'll get one of his sanctimonious pieces in the Argus about fans expectations and how the hysterical reaction to defeat at Leicester has proven what an uneducated bunch of football fans we all are... I think he'll call it an "opinion piece"

But as he's a Stokie from Woodiingdean how does that work out ?

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
And I'll add that I didn't really think that despite our lack of creativity, Leicester were all that today. At this level it's often about the fine margins and we let one goal in from a goalkeeping error and the other one from a sodding lino who couldn't spot an offside and instead signalled for a corner. We'll get there. Just need to be a bit more streetwise.
Completely agree.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex

Completely disagree.

Leicester played completely within themselves and when you score a goal in the first minute against weak opposition it makes life a lot easier.

You sound like Wenger.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham

Leicester never got out of 1st gear. :shrug:

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
That's how Islamic extremism started.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
On a positive note it will make it easier to get a ticket for an away game at this rate [emoji106][emoji106][emoji23]

emoji-pictures-for-welldone.jpg

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria

Well said .

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Haven't bothered reading the hysteria although it was expected. We have so far lost to a team who made the last 16 of the Champions League and one who made the Quarter Finals. Imagine if/when we lose to Bournemouth.

One thing I have noticed is that it is the testosterone fuelled posters who are least able to "man up" when we lose a game. Which at least amuses me slightly.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Completely disagree.

Leicester played completely within themselves and when you score a goal in the first minute against weak opposition it makes life a lot easier.You sound like Wenger.

That's what started the problem. Them getting ahead early meant that they could put more men behind the ball and make it difficult for us to play the ball out from the back. We tried the longer diagonal balls when we couldn't play out from the back but that didn't work because the defenders in the PL are so more well drilled and are far better players than in the Championship.

I was scratching my head to find a solution but it's not my job to find a solution but it is only 2 games and I think we will find ways to win games in the coming weeks. More battling qualities in the middle of the park and a bit more self belief would help. Leicester were massively clever. When they lost possession up front, they committed small niggling fouls in our half to stop us breaking on them.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Completely disagree.

Leicester played completely within themselves and when you score a goal in the first minute against weak opposition it makes life a lot easier.

You sound like Wenger.

That is what we have to expect though. We are playing at a higher level against far better teams. We done well to get promoted and now we must try and adapt to beat the teams who are at a similar standard. It won't be easy and it is not defeatist being realistic about our prospects. Come on we have just lost to two very good sides. No disgrace in that but we must take heart we were not ripped apart and we live to fight another day. It's an old cliché but we will learn from this experience and try to move forward. I, like others expected results like this but hope to see improvement with each game. It still may not be enough to save us from relegation but we will have had a good try.

Just like to add we do not want any fans or supporters to go away..........it's all good clean fun!!

Last edited:

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

Totally agree, I'm getting fed up with all the negativity on here, it's getting irksome now.
Just enjoy the experience and stop moaning, it's taken 30 odd years to get back here!
Just think we could be playing on a pitch, using caravans as seating, surrounded by a haha :wink:

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Some people say enjoy the ride, yet what's enjoyable about boring football and getting beaten?

People don't mind if we lose, to be expected, it's how we play and lose is the issue.

Better to go down 4-2 and have played some nice football than go down 2-0 without a whimper.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here