Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Have we gone backwards?

Dan The Man

Sep 27, 2011
Mile Oak
Bought to go forwards, but feels like we've gone backwards, wouldn't win in championship with last two performances...

And want us more than anything to go forwards!

Hendrax

Jan 23, 2013
Worthing
as it stands, yes.

If we sign a proven, pacey striker, the Colombian rocket lights up our final third and our new midfield pair settle in, we will get a lot better.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
I thought we looked ok last week and I haven't seen us play today, so I can't say we've gone backwards. The opposition are ahead of us, both having won trophies in the recent past, so we are playing catch up.

If we lose six in a row, then I'll start to question.

larus

Can't judge us on the Man City game - the sheer quality in their team throughout is frightening.

Today I feel was better but the new boys still look like they're adjusting to Premier League pace. I hope the new striker/winger adds an extra dimension up front and as yet I'm not too concerned. I do think the TB, PB and CH will be very aware of what is needed so I do expect a gradual improvement in the next few weeks.

Honky Tonx

Jun 9, 2014
Lewes
Totally different standard of football now. New faces not used to British football plus we have played two teams that will finish near the top. We need to learn quickly, play attacking football and throw caution to the wind. I'd be far happier loosing 5 nil and go for it than sitting back and hoping.

Bobby's Gull

DAFT Bint
Jul 6, 2003
Bed
No.

We're adjusting to the massive gap. Finding our feet. We need a striker. No question about that though.

It'll be panic stations ahoy when we've lost six in a row like Thunderbolt has said.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
No. Different level. Different amount of ability. This side would walk the championship. Shows the differences

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
No, this team would probably walk the championship, the Prem is completely different from the championship in every way. Time is needed for the players to change the way they play and get up to speed.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Nah, we just haven't finished recruiting yet, we're only a goalscorer away from being competitive, if we don't get one by the end of the month we are however BUGGERED.

Possibly do need that extra keeper too, unless we can recall Walton?

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
It's a massive gap between the championship and premier league, oneand that we as fans perhaps underestimated. We've played one world class side in Man City and a team that won the league the season before last so no need to panic... yet.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Yes.

The oldest squad in the Championship is a year older, especially our only two strikers, who won't athletic PL defenders.

The hope - Izquiado and the two new mystery signings to come.

Both Cantor & WA just then questioned whether Propper and Gross were an improvement on what we had already?

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
We looked very good at championship level but poor at prem level, Sunderland looked very poor at prem level but look good at championship level. It shows the step up in class we are facing.

indy3050

Jun 22, 2011
I did watch the game today and we certainly got better and better as the game went on. I'd say we had the better of the second half, just need to stop careless passes and get the columbian and AK starting alongside a quick striker!

albionfan37

Aug 14, 2014
What’s it called? Cumbernauld
Bought to go forwards, but feels like we've gone backwards, wouldn't win in championship with last two performances...

And want us more than anything to go forwards!

i think you're being a tad unfair on the division that we are in now not a chance have we gone backwards we just are'nt competing well enough at the moment with adjustments and gelling we will be fine

D

Deleted member 2719

both having won trophies in the recent past, so we are playing catch up.

If we lose six in a row, then I'll start to question.

But we won a runners up trophy last season and got the prize to play in the Premier, confidence should be sky high, i just think he has upset the balance in the middle of the park.

Like you said, give it six and reevaluate.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patreon
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I do think some thought the gap between the Champ and the PL was not there.

The standard is much higher, even among the lower teams

Maybe the bottling at the end of the season has had an affect

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
As supporters, we seem to have gone backwards, bedwetting is starting earlier than I expected.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here