Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sir Bruce Forsyth RIP

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-40978576

Sir Bruce Forsyth, the veteran entertainer and presenter of many successful TV shows, has died aged 89.
The former Strictly Come Dancing presenter had been unwell for some time and was in hospital earlier this year after a severe chest infection.
His long career in showbusiness began when he was aged just 14.
He became Britain's best-paid TV star, famous for hosting game shows like The Generation Game, Play Your Cards Right and The Price is Right.
He also presented BBC One's Strictly with Tess Daly from 2004 to 2014.
Sir Bruce had not been seen in public recently, due to ill health. He was too frail to attend the funerals of close friends Ronnie Corbett and Sir Terry Wogan last year.
In 2015, the presenter underwent keyhole surgery after suffering two aneurysms, which were discovered following a fall at his Surrey home.
In an interview last October, his wife said he was still having "a bit of a problem moving". She said: "He's in incredible shape mentally but he gets very tired."

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
His Syrups will always live on.

RIP Bruce! Loved the Generation game when I was a kid. The first real Saturday night enterainer I can remember.

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patreon
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
Never forget his compering Sunday Night at The Palladium. Two performances stand out - the night he and Sammy Davis sang and danced together; the other when there was a strike and he had to do the whole show by himself. A very talented entertainer.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
A very talented man who could sing, dance, play musical instruments and ad-lib with the best of comedians. 89 is a good age, but he was one of the greats. I remember him on Sunday night at the London Palladium. It was required viewing on a Sunday evening.
We'll miss you Brucie.

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
I know it's normal, and in some ways it's understandable...but just watching Sky News and they had an obituary report all ready to air within 120 seconds of breaking the news. Not sure if that sits right with me, just having a bank of famous peoples' obituaries ready for when they pass on.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
If ever there was a guy that lived life to the full, how old was he when he retired? RIP Bruce...

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
RIP Bruce Forsyth

I met him and Anthea Redfearn when I appeared on the Generation Game in 1975. Still got the engraved tankard.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Never forget his compering Sunday Night at The Palladium. Two performances stand out - the night he and Sammy Davis sang and danced together; the other when there was a strike and he had to do the whole show by himself. A very talented entertainer.

Was that the Norman Wisdom wallpaper sketch ?

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
RIP. Entertainment legend.

article-2049320-0049C1B600000258-436_306x423.jpg

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports