Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Safe standing and a chance to win

Nov 8, 2012
Hi again,

The last time I was on here was several years ago when you were running a poll on safe standing that came out very heavily in favour.

In the meantime, I've continued to take my Safe Standing Roadshow all over the country to assist the Football Supporters Federation with the national campaign and, of course, we've also seen the introduction of rail seating at Celtic, which Paul Barber and a number of your operational team have been up to look at.

The next really important stage in the campaign is getting a showcase up and running in England. And we are currently running a crowdfunding campaign to do just that at Shrewsbury Town, who - due to a quirk in the law - are allowed to introduce safe standing, despite having an all-seater ground.

The EFL is fully behind this and it will clealy also benefit EPL clubs as well. Consequently Paul has kindly given us a shirt signed by the first-team squad to raffle.

brighton.jpg

So, whether you personally like to sit or stand, if you believe that fans all over the country should be treated with the same courtesy as rugby spectators and concertgoers and given a choice of standing or seated accommodation, please chip in here (it's only a fiver per entry) to help create this showcase and get a chance of winning the shirt at the same time.

The draw will close at 9pm on Saturday.

Thanks a lot.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here