Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Elvis Presley - 40 years today since his death.....

D

Deleted User X18H

Will he come back ?

He'd be 82 if he was still going. Somewhere!

I vaguely remember my Mum having a blub at the time.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I was in the Vortex (Wardour street) the night he died and a young Danny Baker cajoled the audience (for the Adverts). We rightly told Danny to eff off.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Strange that I do remember it. Probably didn't know who he was though.

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Where the hell do the years go ?

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I was 8 and just started to get interested in music playing old records at the foster home and I liked Johnny Cash, Buddy Holly, and Elvis, and if I remember correctly his films were on every Saturday morning during the summer holidays. he was a ground breaker on his day re hashing old blues songs with a unique style that became rockabilly that's what I will always love about him, that and the come back special. Everything else was a sad tale all too often repeated in the music industry.

I will always remember that day as my gran called and told me, I cried and later that day my auntie came to check I was ok, and took me to buy my first lap from Woolworths.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
he was a ground breaker on his day re hashing old blues songs with a unique style that became rockabilly that's what I will always love about him, that and the come back special. Everything else was a sad tale all too often repeated in the music industry.

I've never been a fan of Elvis as such but some of my favourite songs by him are from his much derided Rhinestone Jumpsuit / Vegas era, "Suspicious Minds", "In the Ghetto", "Always on my Mind". I think it's only non Elvis fans who appreciate those songs more than his groundbreaking earlier stuff.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
I was in the Vortex (Wardour street) the night he died and a young Danny Baker cajoled the audience (for the Adverts). We rightly told Danny to eff off.

Oh what different lives we led... I was in my favourite comfy chair in the corner of the sitting room sat in front of the television.

By the way what exactly was Danny Baker cajoling you to do to warrant the eff off? You didn't make that bit very clear. And if you want me to elaborate on my "where were you when Elvis died" anecdote please feel free to ask.

The Upper Library

May 23, 2013
That means it is also 40 years ago to the day that my old cat (Domino) was born. I know this is meaningless to everyone but he was a great cat!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Sad that he went so young but in honesty by 1977 he had done nothing worthwhile in years.

The early stuff obviously changed musical history but by the time he was drafted that was that.

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
I was in the Blue Anchor on Station Road, Portslade celebrating my Mum's 58th birthday. I was 16 at the time.

Afterwards we went in to the Chinese takeaway on Boundary Road and Reggie Bosanquet delivered the devastating news on a little B&W telly on the counter.

10 years later, almost to the day, I entered the great man's house Gracelands in Memphis. The only time I have ever been totally starstruck.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
It was a late news flash on News at Ten. I know exactly where I was.
Wife is an Elvis fanatic and we went to Graceland & Memphis a couple of years ago and whilst I was expecting a truly horrific Disneyland style American 'Elvis ate here' town is was the complete opposite and highly recommended.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Elvis what a stunning singer and stage presence, had an aura about him that today's pop stars simply don't have or didn't have, the only exceptions being Prince, Michael Jackson and George Michael.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea

As DB recalls......

DB1.JPG DB2.JPG DB3.JPG

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
I was named after Elvis.
Thankfully I became a huge fan too

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here