Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Transfer Window shutters BEFORE season starts - proposal

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
There's a proposal to do so at the Prem League meet in December.

It makes sense (but presumably would have to be Europe wide)
So can't see how it will work.

It's going to ruin a lot of threads on here though.

No more fretting about "Judge me after the end of August"

No more anxiety along lines of "we won't get promoted/stay up if we give up 9/15 points in August "

We will end up making 3-4 signings after the first games this season I'm guessing

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Premier League clubs to discuss bringing transfer deadline forward to before season starts

Sky Sports reporting:

Premier League clubs will discuss the proposed introduction of a new summer transfer window that closes before the opening game of next season.

It is understood talks will take place between every club next month about whether to change the deadline of the current window, which closes nearly three weeks after the first game of the season.

Sky Sports News has been told by sources that the "majority" of top-flight clubs currently favour an earlier closure, and the issue could be voted on during their next shareholders' meeting in September.

At least 14 of the Premier League's 20 clubs must agree for a new rule to be introduced.

One consideration is whether Premier League clubs will be weaker if the summer window closes in the middle of August.

Clubs from other European leagues, including Spain and Italy, would still be allowed to sign players from England in line with their own domestic deadlines.

It has raised concerns that Premier League sides would be unable to sign reinforcements, or replacements, which could lead to a competitive disadvantage.

But some clubs are understood to believe it would be better for the league's integrity if none of its teams could add to their squads from the first match of the new season until the January transfer window.

Paul Clement, Swansea City manager, said after Saturday's draw at Southampton: "Our club would support that decision. The majority of clubs are in favour but maybe all have to be for it to go through. It could happen next year."

Transfer windows in January would be unaffected as current proposals only relate to the summer months.

Your thoughts please.

http://www.skysports.com/football/n...sfer-deadline-forward-to-before-season-starts

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
It would make sense to have just the one month, July, for transfers like we have January only. Clubs don’t start looking when the transfer window opens, it’s ongoing all year round.
It would sharpen minds for agents that hang on to the bitter end to get a better deal.
Personally I would do away with the windows all together. They are a restriction of trade that just bumps up prices. We used to have a cut off point about the end of March so clubs couldn’t buy their way to the league. Don’t see anything wrong with that but nobody will agree because it takes away the excitement and hype.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
It seems strange that a PL team can effectively play any registered player before 1 September as the transfer window is still open and the 25 man squad lists don't have to be in place until 1 September.

Another change that they should bring in, is no managerial changes outside of the summer transfer window and tie in the management team to the same requirements

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
No matter when the deadline is there is still the same problem. Someone signs ya best player on deadline day still needs replacing on deadline day weather that's before season starts or during.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Will immediately deflate the home transfer market.
Interesting. Can clubs afford to? Can they afford not to?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
It would make sense to have just the one month, July, for transfers like we have January only. Clubs don’t start looking when the transfer window opens, it’s ongoing all year round.
It would sharpen minds for agents that hang on to the bitter end to get a better deal.
Personally I would do away with the windows all together. They are a restriction of trade that just bumps up prices. We used to have a cut off point about the end of March so clubs couldn’t buy their way to the league. Don’t see anything wrong with that but nobody will agree because it takes away the excitement and hype.
I do..........

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Suggested this on several occasions and the loan window should close at the same time as well.
Then the games can get underway without the all these incomplete squads.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
No matter when the deadline is there is still the same problem. Someone signs ya best player on deadline day still needs replacing on deadline day weather that's before season starts or during.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

In all the talk about who we might bring in, just wondering if anyone is contemplating us losing anyone before the end of the window ? With the amount of money flying around, despite our wish to keep all of our best players are we at risk of a crazy bid for say Knocky or Dunk ?

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
To me it seems ridiculous that let's say a Championship manager can spend all of May, June and July preparing his squad for a tough season ahead, be three games into his new season and lose his star striker to a Premier League Club.......

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Always been in favour of this. Window should shut the day before the first game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here