Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How on earth can £37.4 mllion be spent on not building a bridge?

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
There's two artists impressions in that news story, they must have cost a few quid each. So that only leaves another £37.39m wasted.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Many people have pocketed millions of our money for doing jack shite.....what's new though and not a surprise.
I don't think its fair they have done jack shite....

... It just didn't result in a bridge :)

Sent from my LG-K520 using Tapatalk

Anger

Jul 21, 2017
Absolute disgrace.

I built this one for £100k.

Bridge.png

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Politics. Labour Mayor appoints Labour MP to review previous Tory Mayor's project = cancel it.

The Mayor will probably come up with a new legacy project, coincidentally Big Ben is about to have a major facelift ...

2357742947.jpg

... could prove controversial. :angel:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Just add this to the list of overspent London vanity projects (see also Wembley Stadium, Olympic Stadium, Millennium Dome).

Politicians + Civil Service + Arty Types = Guaranteed overspend.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Utterly ridiculous proposal that most people didn't want and a crying shame it has wasted so much public money.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Utterly ludicrous this was ever contemplated.

Pointless and totally unnecessary, it's not as if London hasn't got any other parks.

Meanwhile, my partner who is an NHS ward sister comes home shattered every night because they are 4 nurses down on her ward.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Having worked in the civil service for three years this doesn't surprise me in the slightest. They pay over £1k a day to 'consultants' for these projects. They do it in the NHS too. I know of someone at Crawley General getting £1400 a day for this. He basically does f**k all but point like Tony Adams. It's jobs for the boys and our tax money slips through our fingers like water. People are professional civil service contractors because it pays for their castles in Buckinghamshire.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Magic money tree given a shake by the Tories again , useless unbuilt bridge and Hunt's £44k shitter the latest examples

And that doesn't include the Millions they spent on that French company to come into the UK to assess the ''Disabled'' and claim that they could all work only for about 95% of them to win their appeals.

Throwing money and at the wrong Projects where you get no ''Bang for your Buck'' is a Tory repetitive failing. They start drying their hair while they are still under the shower.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
And that doesn't include the Millions they spent on that French company to come into the UK to assess the ''Disabled'' and claim that they could all work only for about 95% of them to win their appeals.

Throwing money and at the wrong Projects where you get no ''Bang for your Buck'' is a Tory repetitive failing. They start drying their hair while they are still under the shower.

I know some of you love to bear bait on a particular political party. But this isn't about Tories or Labour, money was sieved through the Labour Govt. too. This is about an elite of the civil service allowing millions, billions, to just slip through the system.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
So with £37.4m already spent would I be right in saying that the bridge is almost complete and they are just abandoning planting trees on it? Or they haven't even dug the foundations?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here